|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Trouble loading News Frontpage

Default Trouble loading News Frontpage

October 29th, 2009, 18:30
Both these sites turn up white as well and I have never visited them before.

Edit: Using Firefox as well by the way. Upgrading to the new version didn'T help either.

Coar

Traveler

October 29th, 2009, 18:40
I just tried on IE and funnily there it won't show a white page but rather the error page (HTTP 500 - Internal Server Error). Verw weird. Other sites work fine.

Coar

Traveler

October 29th, 2009, 19:34
Identical problems on both those sites. I did delete my RPGwatch cookies the other day, and I shouldn't have any cookies for those sites regardless, so the problem is something different.

Tried on Chrome and Firefox, same thing.

Indie game developer.

Dev Blog

Naked Ninja

Watchdog

October 30th, 2009, 09:52
hmm, what if you try to visit it through megaproxy www.megaproxy.com ? use the free version… since you got the host problem in IE it might somehow have been blocked… try if it works from megaproxy…..

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

October 30th, 2009, 10:25
Neat, thanks! It works via Megaproxy.com.

It's strange though, why would it be blocked all of a sudden? And what for? I am not behind a firewall and accessing it via a normal ISP.

Coar

Traveler

October 30th, 2009, 13:44
You'll have to ask your ISP about that… maybe ít is a problem with their DNS records… or some such… or the ISP has a filter to "block" inappropirate content.. and RPGWatch was wrongly added to this filter somehow.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

October 31st, 2009, 17:01
I was fine getting on till I upgraded to windows 7 now I cfan't see the front page anymore.

rune_74

SasqWatch

October 31st, 2009, 23:57
To those who can't load the front page, can you access this link? http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/games

And which security programs are you using? Which firewall? Which anti-virus? Which anti-spyware?

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

November 1st, 2009, 08:02
I am using f-secure as a virus protector and windows firewall. I cannot load that other page you linked. Earlier today I was able to see the front page again(not sure why) now it no longer works.

At a loss here…I can however use the link a previous poster linked about using another site to load it.

rune_74

SasqWatch

November 2nd, 2009, 13:31
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
To those who can't load the front page, can you access this link? http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/games

And which security programs are you using? Which firewall? Which anti-virus? Which anti-spyware?
Nope. Turns up white as well. I am using no Firewall, TrendMicro Office Scan and FF with ABP. Nothing else.

My ISP claims it does not block rpgwatch or related IP Addresses in any way, shape or form. It's really unlikely that they would anyway, since most of the country would then be unable to access rpgwatch.

Coar

Traveler

November 2nd, 2009, 13:36
If your ISP would block the IP address you wouldn't be able to post on the forums.
Apparently something that is transmitted by your browsers is not liked by our system. The strange thing is however that we have not made any changes in or right before the timeframe you mentioned when it all started. This makes it difficult for us to find out what causes this.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 2nd, 2009, 14:41
hmm, that's right if you go through megaproxy, the site which is presented to you is acctually rendered through their engine… and not directly by your browser, so that would be another explanation why it works through them.

I think it might be the new windows security updates or some such windows 7, vista updates to cause these problem? ( I got problems with some sites myself after that ) maybe it would help if the posters having problems posted what system they are on ?

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

November 2nd, 2009, 18:41
MS Windows XP Professional SP2.

Browsers I tried are: IE 6.0 and FF 3.5.4 and the prior version. Neither works.

I am dialing in via UMTS if that makes any difference.

Coar

Traveler

November 7th, 2009, 02:17
I've made a couple of changes. I don't know if it solves anything as I can't reproduce it, so let me know if it changes anything for you.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 9th, 2009, 12:48
No change. Unfortunately. Still a blank white page.

Coar

Traveler

November 11th, 2009, 10:23
Another test. Can you check if it works now (or not)?

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 12th, 2009, 13:16
For the last few days, I've been experiencing the same issue as well. On my Opera browser, i get:
Error!
Remote server or file not found

You tried to access the address http://www.rpgwatch.com/, which is currently unavailable. Please make sure that the Web address (URL) is correctly spelled and punctuated, then try reloading the page.
Make sure your Internet connection is active and check whether other applications that rely on the same connection are working.
IE doesn't work for me either

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

November 12th, 2009, 14:27
That is something completely different from the white page others have. You better contact your ISP about this.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 12th, 2009, 15:27
Actually I had the white page problem until recently (yesterday or day before)

Oh well..I'll just wait and see. ISP is a total arse here (Abu Dhabi)

Dr. A

Keeper of the Watch

November 12th, 2009, 17:04
Sorry, Myrthos.

No change. Blank white page.

Coar

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Trouble loading News Frontpage