|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition Preorder?

Poll: Your view on the DA2 Signature Edition Deadline?

Poll Options
Your view on the DA2 Signature Edition Deadline?

Default Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition Preorder?

January 8th, 2011, 00:39
With BioWare's free upgrade to the Dragon Age 2 "Signature Edition" about to expire, what's your view? Have you preordered, would like to but just haven't seen enough information about Dragon Age 2 yet or, perhaps, have you been turned off by this whole process?

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 8th, 2011, 01:45
I preordered to get the goodies.

I think I hate DLCs more then pre-ordering scheme, so if I can put my hand on them legally without a cost, well it works for me.

azarhal

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor

January 8th, 2011, 03:37
I actually preordered DA2 before the Signature Edition was revealed, but this option is not in the poll. So I voted for Preordered to get the goodies
Last edited by MrSanta78; January 8th, 2011 at 03:38. Reason: Typos

MrSanta78

Watcher

January 8th, 2011, 04:08
I've preordered to get the goodiesand because it wasn't more expensive. But, they can release a thousand DLCs that I won't buy a single one. Never bought one and never will. Only expansions.

Von Paulus

Sentinel

January 8th, 2011, 04:32
I don't know enough about this game. I'm not even sure I'll buy it at this moment. Although, my attitude has changed slightly towards this game I still want to know more about it.

It's so different than last time. Around this time I knew all I needed to know about this game from gameplay videos and interviews. Now it's all been about the freaking console version of the game with a few tidbits thrown in there for us PC gamers.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

January 8th, 2011, 04:49
I preordered to get the goodies but dislike this preorder scheme. I liked DA2 enough to know I would buy it anyway and assume this is the best deal until next christmas but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor

January 8th, 2011, 04:50
I never preorder.

What you think about most, is what you become.

DeepO

deep outside

January 8th, 2011, 07:34
I preordered The Witcher 2. But not this game. I haven't finished (or even warmed up to) the first one yet.

RampantCoyote

Sentinel

January 8th, 2011, 08:46
Voted "Will wait for a cheap "gold" bundle". I don't mind to wait a year or two and after the last steam sale I have a huge backlog anyway. These days I usually only pay the full price for indie games - they deserve it and don't annoy me with stuff like DLC.

Originally Posted by magerette
I'm so tired of marketing hype, marketing slang, marketing priorities and general marketing BS that it tends to have the opposite effect on me. (Jaded is the word I'm looking for here.) I can't even read through a whole press release from any AAA title company without wanting to turn off my computer and learn to cross-stitch.

Amasius

Watcher

January 8th, 2011, 10:02
Not interested in DA2 because I've loose any interest after DA failure (in my point of view) with DLC.
Waiting for Witcher 2, Skyrim and I have a lot of RPG game to play ( Darkensang, Risen, …)

murlock

Traveler

January 8th, 2011, 10:21
Will wait for a cheap gold version.
DA1 was good, but the DLC-s were a disaster.
Preordered Grim Dawn but I am not sure DA2 will be good enough even for a bargain price.

szokol

Watchdog

January 8th, 2011, 12:56
Wheres the "im gonna pirate it and get all DLC for free and not even play it the whole way though before getting super bored of playing a Bgrade movie when I wanted a cRPG" option? :

SirJames

Sentinel

January 8th, 2011, 13:21
I thought the first one stunk, not going to waste my money again.

LuckyCarbon

Unfettered Developer

January 8th, 2011, 15:19
What a strange maketing hype for DA2 !!! For DA1, and for at least six months before the game was out, we had tons of videos of the game, screenshots, and so on almost every day. We knew what the game looked like.
For DA2, it seems they don't want us to see the game, they do whatever they can not to show us the environment, the sceneries, except a few fighting scenes and cinematics.
Therefore I'm not very optimistic about it, and far less when hearing they are just getting rid of BG' legacy to make it a console product.

Risine

Watcher

January 8th, 2011, 16:55
Not real happy with EA DLC approach. Most of them suck anyways (though I hear the one for MA2 were decent). I'll wait a year this time for DA2/MA3 (last year I brought them early).

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor

January 8th, 2011, 17:11
Originally Posted by figment View Post
I preordered to get the goodies but dislike this preorder scheme. I liked DA2 enough to know I would buy it anyway and assume this is the best deal until next christmas but that doesn't mean I have to like it.
Same here. Since I know I'll buy DA2, I didn't mind preordering it.

I'd prefer the good old days, when everyone got the same game with the same content, no matter when or where they bought it.

sjett

Traveler

January 8th, 2011, 17:54
Will wait for bundle, have far to many games to finish first, and limited time.

For e.g. I haven't started DA:Awakening or Fallout 3 GOTY yet..,or X3 reunion to name a few

C

Crilloan

Sentinel

January 8th, 2011, 23:27
I've got such a huge backlog that I actually stopped paying full price for games and usually only get them when they're already on a half-price or, as with DA:Origins, get an Ultimate pack with everything that has come out.

That being said, I'll only buy DA2 when it's cheaper.

Smile randomly, once a day.

DarkPhantom

Traveler

January 9th, 2011, 00:50
DAO was probably the best single player rpg Ive ever played, and Ive played them all. Its clearly not for everyone, some folks say they hated it or were bored. Me, I loved every single second of it. I have pre-purchased the sig ed from amazon and it will arrive on release day. woot!

That said, if there was one thing i'd change about bioware games AND bethesda games, it would be to make them co-op.

sgreco1970

Traveler

January 10th, 2011, 09:46
I pre-ordered. No reason not to - I know I'll buy it. When the day comes that BioWare makes a game I don't even feel like completing, I'll stop buying their games on release day. Until then, I'll continue to give them the benefit of the doubt, despite their horrible marketing.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Dragon Age 2 Signature Edition Preorder?