|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3 - New Community Patch 1.7 Teaser

Default Gothic 3 - New Community Patch 1.7 Teaser

December 10th, 2008, 16:59
A new mini teaser for Gothic 3 Community Patch 1.7 has been released. It showcases a couple of environment sounds.
Expect the final patch for Gothic 3 early next year.
More information.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

December 10th, 2008, 16:59
The linked thread contains further details. This will be a nice patch.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

December 10th, 2008, 19:27
teaser for a patch

Bateman

Watchdog

December 10th, 2008, 23:46
WoG has the first of a three part interview with the CPT. Now they confirm for the first time that changes on the world map will be included.

Sounds like 1.7 will be the biggest CP.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

December 11th, 2008, 04:58
Seems like patch 1.7, aside from the combat change where multiple humanoid enemies will fight you at once (instead of waiting around while you are attacking one target) is mostly a lot of 'look and feel' fixes. Which is a good thing. But it seems the big stuff such as performance improvments are pretty much done as of 1.6.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

December 11th, 2008, 16:49
In the linked thread, one of the mods mentioned measurable improvements in performance for the 1.70 patch.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

December 11th, 2008, 17:08
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
Seems like patch 1.7, aside from the combat change where multiple humanoid enemies will fight you at once (instead of waiting around while you are attacking one target) …
That will make melee combat almost impossible unless they completely rework whole areas to remove multiple foes.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

December 12th, 2008, 14:48
Originally Posted by BillSeurer View Post
That will make melee combat almost impossible unless they completely rework whole areas to remove multiple foes.
Not at all. You'll just have to use more strategy. I personally am looking forward to the change. I never really cared for G3:Fight Club

Chekote

December 12th, 2008, 22:52
Originally Posted by Chekote View Post
Not at all. You'll just have to use more strategy. I personally am looking forward to the change. I never really cared for G3:Fight Club
Strategy being move towards them and run away until only one follows you off. Repeat ad nauseum.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

December 12th, 2008, 23:22
If that's the only strategy you can come up with, then strategy is obviously not your thing. Which would explain your preference for fight club.

Chekote

December 13th, 2008, 12:43
Strategy indeed.

To the trained gothic player eye it is blatantly obvious…yet it isn't for me to divulge the subliminal strategies G3 holds.

I found there are 3 layers to G3, one is certainly a very deep and grey area.

The surface layer, that which is apparent and in some ways "mundane" or "shallow" to many players. Such is the very purpose of the game, to search for the lower levels is not immediately apparent and will put some gamers off completely - i personally love this kind of thing, only the "gothics" have it. (thank you PB)

The sub layer, that which is only hinted, there are deceptions, twists and turns. The druid stones and the transformation to animals part hold the key but my lips are sealed any further to this subject.

The sub-conclusive layer, that which cannot be seen at all. The game uses a fantasy imagined hierarchy to progress to the "fourth way" as hinted but not explained by the developers.

You have to find your own player-depth within the game structure. There is more in there and it has to be progressively exposed as you get deeper into the game, ignore it and you will see no real beauty as intended by the PB story writers.

Just to make matters worse, the community patches do not grasp this method at all and will override and negate or hinder the hidden functions true purpose. G3 CP's have no corrective purpose too the vanilla storyline…only an easier gaming convenience, with good intentions of course.

My G3 game runs smooth as silk with no "unofficial" patches - why is that?

Wulf

Inquisitor

December 13th, 2008, 14:40
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
My G3 game runs smooth as silk with no "unofficial" patches - why is that?
You are either very luck or your rig is:
Intel i7 Extreme
Nvidia GTX280x3
16GB RAM

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

December 14th, 2008, 05:39
Oh God, Wulf is "johns" from the RPG newsgroup. I knew it! He's figured it out to the chip level which is why he's so good at it and it runs so well on his system.

So, Chekote, what is this grand strategy you have for fighting big groups? Do share.

BillSeurer

Eternal Supreme Dictator

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3 - New Community Patch 1.7 Teaser