|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sacred 2 - Review @ Games32

Default Sacred 2 - Review @ Games32

December 13th, 2008, 22:18
Games32 has a review of Sacred 2. The score is 76/100 after citing bugs, repetitive play and Securom, although this is the second review I've seen to quote a fixed camera, which isn't my experience:
Other than the traditional kill everything and don't think twice, explore the map, rinse and repeat, there isn't much to add to Sacred 2. Perhaps the new graphic engine is worth mentioning, because the visual quality is high, and can be boosted even further if you install the optional high quality textures pack. But don't think dramatic changes, just more flowers, sparks and T-Energy flowing around. There's again a kind of annoying problem - the isometric fixed view. You can zoom in and out quite a bit, but you can't change the perspective at all, even if the engine could possibly do it.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 13th, 2008, 22:18
Um I thought you could rotate the camera?

If you don't stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front.

rune_74

SasqWatch

December 13th, 2008, 22:25
I think they made a (marketing) mistake by not making the free camera the default, with the option for isometric, rather than the other way around.

The fact you can change it isn't immediately obvious.

SKapusniak

Traveler

December 13th, 2008, 22:48
Originally Posted by rune_74 View Post
Um I thought you could rotate the camera?
Yes you can indeed, as long as you switch camera options from the default on the Gameplay menu, I have it on free, and mainly use WASD to move. Bit annoying that you can't change mouselook to be something other than middle button/scrollwheel, but other than that the UI and controls are one of it's strong points.

Being an action RPG, it's *supposed* to have repetitive gameplay. Achieving a state of zen through continuous mass slaughter is the whole point of the genre

Securom, having fixed gender baked into the character classes, a severe case of chainmail bikini syndrome, and the bugs is where I'd fault it. Tho' I seem to remember that the original Sacred was pretty buggy also without lots and lots of patching. Sacred 2 last patch seems to have cleared up the CTDs for me, even if it's still quite buggy in other areas.

SKapusniak

Traveler

December 14th, 2008, 05:09
I was also a bit annoyed with the middle mouse rotate function, and wished that it could be mapped.

Santos

Ass-hat

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Sacred 2 - Review @ Games32