|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

Default Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests

February 12th, 2010, 00:05
Thanks for your report! I remember that … it's a bug. I won't fix it, since it will solve itself when we upgrade to a new vBulletin version. Don't know when that is … but until then you'll have to mark the text to make it readable. Sorry for the inconvenience.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

February 12th, 2010, 00:22
There's no inconvenience,I was just bug hunting and stumbled across this one.

Will the new vBulletin version have any other features/changes?

The thing that keeps the forums look from perfection is icons like this one:

It was designed to work with the Light style and doesn't look very good with the Dark style,there are some white pixels here and there that make it more annoying than useful.
Since creating another icon pack for the Dark style is probably not possible would you consider creating/designing a new one?

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 12th, 2010, 00:27
Yeah, I know. The icons in the dark style are something that's always been on my list.

Originally Posted by Kostaz View Post
Will the new vBulletin version have any other features/changes?
Oh, you have no idea

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

February 12th, 2010, 00:37
Now there's something worth waiting for…

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 13th, 2010, 22:28
I think I found a pretty obvious one.
In the short Smilie list there are 2 "Roll Eyes" smilies.

Edit: Should I report anything I find since you're going to update?
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (72.6 KB, 164 views)

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

February 14th, 2010, 00:17
I looked it up, that smiley is there twice because it's used both for : roll : and : rolleyes : — people sometimes write :sometext: even if there is no smiley, maybe because they are used to certain keywords on other forums. So I helped out a bit.

As for reports … *ponders* At this point, I think it's better to wait until after the update, whenever that is. But thanks anyway.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

February 15th, 2010, 19:59
When editting a post in advanced mode, the smilie list doesn't work. You can't scroll down properly.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer

February 17th, 2010, 20:29
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
When editting a post in advanced mode, the smilie list doesn't work. You can't scroll down properly.
It worked for me a sec ago by scrolling all the way to the bottom and clicking on the black area. That opens up the whole window for me.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

February 25th, 2010, 22:35
Could the times on the news lists on the frontpage be displayed in local time?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 25th, 2010, 23:15
dte: worksforme in Firefox. Details? If it doesn't bother you too much, it will fix itself too, eventually.

Thrasher: Should be possible. That's Myrthos' area of expertise.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

February 26th, 2010, 00:03
Just a thought. 00:00 in Europe is the previous day in the US. So we may see some negative times over here, which would be acceptable to me. Otherwise, articles slotted to different days may change which day thy are in depending on the user's timezone. That would be fine too. There's a design choice there.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

February 26th, 2010, 12:06
We don't have IP geo localization and if we had it won't be a perfect solution.
The only way this is possible (in an easy way) is by making sure you are automatically logged in on our forums, in that way visiting the home page logs you in and it can use your timezone information from the forum account, similar to how timing is handled on the forums. This corrects the time only for those with a forum account, who are automatically logged in and who have their timezone set correctly.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 26th, 2010, 21:45
I'd just be happy if the timezone correction from my forum account worked on the front page. Even with timezone correction turned on, the times are in European times. The times in thread posts are adjusted properly however. IP geo localization was beyond what I was thinking.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

March 7th, 2010, 12:02
When I try going on the forum index :
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/index.php
I seem to get a picture (screenshot looking) of a guy with a sword and a winged helmet instead of the forum.
I can't navigate the forum unless I click on any post from RPGWatch news page and then navigate through there.

Any idea if I'm the only one who has this problem ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg index.jpeg (10.0 KB, 111 views)

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

March 7th, 2010, 14:14
Uh.. that sounds strange. Have you tried deleting your cache? Shift-Reload? That image looks like one from "Picture Watch" on the news page.

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

March 7th, 2010, 16:02
Thanks Arhu Shift reload worked.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

May 21st, 2010, 00:09
I made a mistake in RPG General forums by starting a new thread, which turned out to be incorrect information about there being a English title.

Could a moderator please move the first two posts, mine and Ergonpandilus to the correct thread and delete the thread, please?

Apologizes for the mistake and any extra work necessary.

Or if there is a better procedure/solution let me know.

Thanks.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

May 21st, 2010, 06:26
No prob. Done as requested.

Semper HiFi!
Motto of the 54th Groove Bde.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 8th, 2010, 19:53
I don't know whether this is intended or not or just an easter egg : Within the "Fallout 3" gallery is this picture : http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/imagevi…rt19890515.jpg

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 23rd, 2010, 19:37
You need to have a more clear link to click on to log in. At the moment it's rubbish. There is no link to click to log back in after you've registered and there are no directions on your home page steering you to any kind of log in. Please redress. Or I unleash my true power.

VicTwenty

Traveler

RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » RPGWatch » Forum Bug Reports and Feature Requests