|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » New Year's Resolutions for the Game Industry @ Destructoid

Default New Year's Resolutions for the Game Industry @ Destructoid

December 31st, 2008, 06:49
Happy Almost New Year's Eve to all, and as might be expected, news stories are a bit on the thin side today. Here's an effort over at Destructoid that just manages to not be a Top Ten list by adding 26 items to a list of resolutions they'd like the game industry to adopt next year. Here are some of the highlights:
5: I will stop bitching if I get a review score of less than 9.0 or higher. I will recognize that a score of 8.0 is actually really good and that since reviews never greatly impact sales, I should stop contributing to one of the reasons why people don't feel they can trust them anymore.
9: I will realize that I sound like a self-parody if I say my game is "dark and gritty." I promise that if I ever say those words again, I will use them ironically…
13: I will stop stretching franchise plots out to three installments or more when the actual narrative is slim enough to fit into a single game.
17: I will not release a "limited collector's special edition" for a videogame that nobody knows anything about yet. I will save it for when I have a franchise that actually deserves such extravagance.
18: I will be honest and admit that the character A.I. is about as revolutionary and advanced as in every other game — not very much.
24: I pledge to stop relying on patches to complete my rushed videogame.
More information.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

December 31st, 2008, 06:49
Ah well, one can dream…

elikal

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » New Year's Resolutions for the Game Industry @ Destructoid