Fallout 3 - Gets Writers Guild Award Nomination

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The nominations for the Writers Guild videogame awards are out with Fallout 3 getting a nod. Here's the list via Variety:
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3 (EA). Writer: Haris Orkin. Story Producer: Mical Pedriana.

Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble! (Mousechief). Writing: Keith Nemitz. Additional Writing: Adrianne Ambrose.

Fallout 3 (Bethesda). Lead Writer: Emil Pagliarulo. Quest Writing: Erik J. Caponi, Brian Chapin, Jon Paul Duvall, Kurt Kuhlmann, Alan Nanes, Bruce Nesmith, and Fred Zeleny. Additional Quest Writing: Nate Ellis, William Killeen, Mark Nelson, and Justin McSweeney.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (LucasArts). Writers: Haden Blackman, Shawn Pitman, John Stafford and Cameron Suey.

Tomb Raider: Underworld (Eidos). Story: Eric Lindstrom and Toby Guard. Screenplay: Eric Lindstrom.
Nominations need to have a specific credit for "writer", "story scripting" or similar and be a member of the WGA. In other words, it's an award by the WGA only for the WGA.
More information.

Nominations need to have a specific credit for "writer", "story scripting" or similar and be a member of the WGA. In other words, it's an award by the WGA only for the WGA.
Ah, thank you for pointing that out. So there were only five WGA members writing for games last year. Makes sense now!

If Fallout 3 were to be judged in the top four, it would cease to make sense.

A BIG WTF for thread's name.

Bleh, Fallout 3 is pretty but even having it in the same sentence with Writers and Award just seems wrong.

I see epic meltdown from some of the crazies now:)

Epic meltdown for a WGA award? naahh, I think everyone knows since the first post that this is a members only award.

Do you really feel that FO3 had bad writing? Compared to other 2008 titles I'd say it's pretty good - we didn't exactly get a new PS:T in 2008. While there were a few great games in 2008 (like NWN2: SoZ), none of them had story as their greatest element.

Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble! is actually quite a funny game though it didn't really keep my interest for very long either. Thought it was most certainly worth a look at least, hehe.

Anyways, Fallout 3s writing is really crappy. No matter about guilds and writing credits, this game should not be nominated in any writing category... evar. It's easily one of the worst parts of the game.

Never said that, just know the typical crziness here. Is it the best writing, nope....is it the worst "evar"(as another poster posted, I could not help but spell ever the same way.) no its not, not even close.

I agree that the writing is not the worst ever (or evar), and I had some fun playing the game, but I expect more from a Fallout game.

If you want worst writing/translation evar look no farther than Metalheart. Fallout 3 sounds like Shakespeare compared to that garbage.

I gave it a thought and I agree with Maylander. The fact that F3 actually had a story, nominates it for this award. 2008 was an awful year for people who enjoy good storylines in gaming.

Back
Top Bottom