|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » GamesRadar - The Top 9 PC Games of 09

Default GamesRadar - The Top 9 PC Games of 09

January 26th, 2009, 17:37
GamesRadar has yet another list article, this time the Top 9 games of '09. Diablo III, Dragon Age, and Deus Ex 3 all make the cut and Blizzard's Rob Pardo stops by for a mini-interview:
How do you determine your role in all the projects that youre involved in?
It depends on what the project needs. Right now, Im probably spending more time on StarCraft II than I am on, say, World of Warcraft - weve really built up that team in terms of processes and procedures, and I just meet with [the developers] a couple times a week now and help them with hard design problems and concepts, but theyre pretty much good to go. And on StarCraft II Im really involved on the design of the Battle.net feature set and a lot of the single player story stuff. On Diablo III Im the executive producer - Jay [Lead Designer Jay Wilson] always wants me in more design meetings, but hes got a handle on it, so Ill probably get more involved with Diablo III once it gets a little closer to release.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

January 26th, 2009, 17:37
Diablo III looks pretty nice, but I suppose it will be devoid of plot like the other two.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

January 26th, 2009, 18:39
Of course it will. At least that's what I expect.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

January 26th, 2009, 18:47
The cut-scenes were pretty bad-ass, though. The story was thin, but well-told and it was enough reward to keep playing through the Acts. (I've recently killed Diablo for the first time in Diablo 2. )

Oh, by the way. I seem to remember that Blizzard said story would play a more important role in Diablo 3. So, who knows…

Thaurin

SasqWatch

January 26th, 2009, 19:57
It's too bad that it doesn't have a platform that you could build actual campaigns off of. I've always thought the interface and graphics were nice.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » GamesRadar - The Top 9 PC Games of 09