|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Baldur's Gate 1 : How do I kill Sarevok?

Angry Baldur's Gate 1 : How do I kill Sarevok?

November 12th, 2006, 17:51
Im at the final battle. Cant kill him.

Is there a special way?

I think my party is too weak to do the job.

Does anyone have any suggestions???

I put all my people on the bugger but he does not die…
I don't open the top screen so i only have to deal with a little mage…
Not all of his crew attacks. They're only 2. Sarevok and a mage. That's it.

I'm thinking about deleting the game. Haven't played it in a while. Im at the end.
Cant complete it….

enodenroH

There is no spoon

November 12th, 2006, 19:02
I had trouble with this as well, and in the end, I summoned an army of creatures using wands and that sorta took care of that.

I also engaged the full throne room, so…it might even be easier for you if you are only pulling 2 mobs.

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

November 12th, 2006, 19:07
Try to summon a lot of Monsters, especially Skeletons (they are hard to kill) and use ranged Attacks, Bows work here best. Kill at first the Mage and then Sarry.. very cheesy, but that should work. Buffs can make a Differnce to… Potions and defensive Spells like Protection from Evil and Prayer or Bless - and stay away from the Skull-Picture on the Ground.

Edit: Dispell the Shields of the Mage and use Magic Missle and Arrows to disrupt his casting.

The Germans are a cruel race. Their operas last for six hours and they have no word for "fluffy".

Captain Blackadder

Fenris

germanic depressive

November 13th, 2006, 09:49
As the others have mentioned - get wands of summoning and spam up creatures, and then kill Sarevok and his minions with ranged attacks. They'll never get through 50-100 creatures summoned by the wands.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

November 14th, 2006, 15:26
One tactic I used was to lure Sarevok's crew to our party, one at a time. Once they were dispatched we were able to take him down.

LordRac

Watcher

November 15th, 2006, 12:23
Thanks for all of your suggestions.
I very well might have missed a few bufs. I'll check it out.

I'm missing monster summoning tools.
I've wasted all of them during the game. I only have 12 or 18 monsters on the screen in my last save. That's it.

I move my mage close enough to cast a fireball and run away from the middle of the screen.

I can't see the enemy because I haven't cleared the top half of the screen. The only characters I meet are Sarevok and this annoying mage.

I don't have time to do much before Sarevok kills the main character.

I guess I'll try to complete it before deleting it. It was a very fun game and I spend a lot of time with it…

Boo rules!

enodenroH

There is no spoon

November 15th, 2006, 14:12
You can always go back up and buy more summoning wands. The magical shop in the district where you come out from the thieves guild(when you exit the labyrinth) holds an unlimited supply of such wands I think. They're not even expensive, and completely overpowered, you can kill Drizzt, Sarevok etc etc using the cheesy summoning tactic.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander

November 15th, 2006, 14:48
There were 2 reasons I disliked Baldurs 1 at by the time I completed it.
#1 is that I hated the city. The quest structure was aweful - particularly the scripted poisioning quest.
#2 was the cheesy summoning "requirement" to beat Sarevok. I delete Baldurs 30 seconds after killing him.

I will say that up until you arrive at Baldurs itself I think the game is simply outstanding. Most people probably disagree with me though and claim the game is perfect.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

November 15th, 2006, 17:40
Yup - fantastic game. Not perfect, but very very good.

It's perfectly possible to finish the game without cheesy summoning tricks - infact the patch/totsc removes the ability to summon so much at once anyway.

You do have to work your party as a good team though. The important thing is to try not to let sarevok get too close to your main character - he is very very hard to beat in melee combat and has very high spell resistance.

Getting Tales of the Sword Coast does help a bit though, especially if you have mages.

kalniel

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Baldur's Gate 1 : How do I kill Sarevok?