|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Frayed Knights - Critique and Comments

Default Frayed Knights - Critique and Comments

February 5th, 2009, 17:37
If you've been following Rampant Coyote Jay Barnson's Frayed Knights development, his blog has links to a lengthy (!) 4-part critique of the pilot from one Diego Doumecq and Jay makes a few comments.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 5th, 2009, 17:37
That sounds good indeed, except for the random battles. I hate random battles with a passion!

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

February 5th, 2009, 18:34
The randomness has been…. partially corrected. And I'm exploring entirely different avenues now for handling encounters.

See? I can be taught…

RampantCoyote

SasqWatch

February 6th, 2009, 00:14
I haven't had time to read the article, but I have put some time into their pilot.

Overall, I really liked what they did. However, I really hope they improve on several key problems.

One would be the absence of widescreen support. This really bothers me, even though I can sort of live with stretched resolutions (out of necessity). The controls could also use some tweaking. I didn't really feel comfortable moving around, or selecting spells and such.

The style and presentation of the game were just spot on and totally fresh. I'd like this to become really good, because then I'd totally buy it. I love how the party members converse and argue with each other over the course of the game.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

February 6th, 2009, 09:17
This made me want to replay the pilot again and I would say I'm just as impressed with it as I was the first time. I had no problem with the random battles as a matter of fact I went looking for them by resting all the time. I guess I've been playing too much Wizardry 8 lately.

Great writing and humor in the game. Gotta love any game that has a god of pimples in it.

Just like the first time I played it my only issues were the slow walking speed and no shown status effects on either the characters or monsters. Everything else was great, I can deal with the huge furniture and no outhouses

Keep up the good work.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

February 10th, 2009, 03:56
I thought it was surprisingly well done for a pilot…I'm definately following this one.

rune_74

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Frayed Knights - Critique and Comments