|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Vanguard - Past, Present, Future Interview @ Massively

Default Vanguard - Past, Present, Future Interview @ Massively

February 11th, 2009, 06:07
Massively talks to Vanguard producer Thom Terrazas about the past, present and future of Vanguard:
So I've only heard about Vanguard. I heard about the rocky launch, it's been two years into the game and many people are at level 50. Why should a new player pick up Vanguard today?

Thom: I think that if you're interested in playing a game that is a little bit different than the hack and slash games, Vanguard gives one of the best vistas and looks of any game I've played or been associated with. It is incredible to just hop on a flying mount and just see the vast areas that have been created for Vanguard and explore this artwork that is inspired by Keith Parkinson and continues on with our current art team.

This is something you don't see in every game. I'm not saying we're doing something that nobody else has done. But I'm saying the views, the artwork, the level in detail in Vanguard can measure up to some of the highest games you can think of.

If you're looking for visual, but also exciting playstyles, you have three spheres of progression you can choose to be an expert in. So, I guess the experience in Vanguard is just limitless.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 11th, 2009, 06:07
my brother and I played during the Christmas free month and this game is finally worth playing. too bad there are about 10000 total people…

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

February 11th, 2009, 15:13
That's why I always play MMOs when they start. Even with the expected loads of bugs and many incomplete features, to me it's much better to explore the world with lots of people around.
In the case of Vanguard, I did play it when it started, and it was pretty good, but they made many wrong design decisions that ultimately led me to cancel. I heard they changed most of those after, but I usually don't go back once I uninstall a game.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

February 11th, 2009, 22:14
I played Vanguard from beta all the way up until a month or so ago. Vanguard has a combination of things that most games don't have. Namely player built ships, flying mounts that you can buy and own that you can use to fly anywhere in the game(not just specific zones like in other games)and player built houses. That is what really drew me to the game. I didn't care that the population of the game was lower than others, I don't need big crowds of people in a game to be happy, I usually solo or duo with a friend(but am open to joining other groups or letting others join my group if I'm in the mood) and am perfectly happy doing that.
The only reason I left the game was because money was getting tight and I found other mmorpgs to play that were free like Perfect World, Runes of Magic and ROSE Online. Those games are not as good as Vanguard is, but saving 15 bucks a month is worth it to me even though I am downgrading to games that are not as good as Vanguard is. If not for being tight on money, I'd still be in Vanguard.

The Hulk

Watchdog

February 12th, 2009, 02:14
I started during December and recently bought a 6 month sub to it. I'm looking forward to what may come and hopefully more will join And wolfing, I'd say it is worth resubbing. Heck, even try the free trial I'll play with you on Seradon :O

Toothpaste

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Vanguard - Past, Present, Future Interview @ Massively