|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang » PDF Manual? And a couple other things

Default PDF Manual? And a couple other things

February 26th, 2009, 10:54
I purchased the game from GamersGate, and I didn't get any kind of virtual manual. Is there a PDF available somewhere?

Also do I need the traps skill to disarm a trap? Perception helps detect I know that, but the description for the traps skill just says that you can set traps with it.

And one more: there is a chest in the mill cellar in the first area, it is locked and I can't have my PC - who has 6 in lockpick and hair pins in inventory - choose to unlock it. Is there no message if a specific key is required?

mbuddha

Watchdog

February 26th, 2009, 12:02
Don't know about the manual, but:

1. There are two separate skills for setting traps (nature talent) and disarming traps (artisan(?) talent). Neither of the two help with the task of the other.

2. Yes, the chest in the mill requires a specific key. Generally, if you can't lockpick something that is locked (provided your character has the lockpicking talent), you are required to find a key or some other mechanism to open it.

Curunír

Watcher

February 26th, 2009, 12:14
GamersGate should offer a manual for download. AFAIK that's standard. You should contact them and ask.

Could anybody with the disk version please check if any gimmicks like pdf manual or an English ruleset worth 30$ are on the disk? Thanks.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

February 26th, 2009, 13:50
My retail version came with full paper manual (and a pretty darn good one), but nothing on the DVD.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 26th, 2009, 15:43
It's a shame that it was not provided. Especially since people can, quite easily, find download links for the manual on the internet, and are thus temped to pirate it.

Grandor Dragon

Sentinel

February 26th, 2009, 18:58
I mailed the support about it. They are usually pretty quick with giving feedback in support matters. So i have no doubt that there will be one if they can get one.

Please mail them to about it! The more the merrier!

mute

Sentinel

February 26th, 2009, 22:09
Yes, I'll join you. This sort of game really needs the manual.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

February 27th, 2009, 02:43
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Yes, I'll join you. This sort of game really needs the manual.
Definitely - and the hardcopy manual is quite good.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

February 27th, 2009, 07:20
There's no PDF with the D2D version either.

ebarstad

Traveler

February 27th, 2009, 10:16
I got this answer from the support (and i of course asked them about the reported download speed problem some of you had!). I just love the gamersgate.com support. It usually never ever takes more then a few hours to get a respond from them! And they do try to fix the problems to.

"Yes, the manual should show up shortly. We have had a lot of requests for it, and of course you need a manual for a game like Drakensang.

We are still tweaking the new downloader. We tested it before release, but its impossible to test all the circumstances. I can see from the amount of emails I get here to support that the new downloader isn't even close to having as much problems as the old one did, but there is still things to work out. If there is problems with slow downloads, I recommend getting in touch with us. The more information we get about the problems that occur, the more we can optimize the downloader."

mute

Sentinel

February 27th, 2009, 14:37
and of course you need a manual for a game like Drakensang
Looks like the message has arrived.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

February 28th, 2009, 01:36
Actually, most of the ingame tutorial is taken directly from the manual!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

February 28th, 2009, 02:16
Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
Actually, most of the ingame tutorial is taken directly from the manual!!
Also, you can right-click on pretty much every bit of text and it shows you how it is calculated or what it means.

The German collector's edition came with a PDF manual of the basic TDE ruleset, hardcover edition, full color - almost 300 pages, so you should go ahead and demand a pdf manual of that too if you didn't get one. The nifty layout alone is worth it.

Although that wasn't the game manual I suppose and would probably not be included in a value edition …

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

March 3rd, 2009, 01:08
The boxed game manual is pretty much worthless. Both it and the tooltips are too vague.

Cabezone

Watcher

March 3rd, 2009, 02:30
Originally Posted by Cabezone View Post
The boxed game manual is pretty much worthless. Both it and the tooltips are too vague.
Hmmm … I was able to get enough context to figure out what was going on … certainly better than 95% of the manuals I touch …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

March 3rd, 2009, 15:40
Just got an e-mail from Gamersgate customer support in which was included the statement that the manual " …should be available sometime tomorrow."

(Would also have posted on the offical forums if the registration had been completed; only 5 days now. Not as good as RPG Watch)

Bladeheart

Watcher

March 3rd, 2009, 15:52
Thanks for the info.

The official forum was down for a few days. Your registration probably got lost. The confirmation mail should be automatically sent within seconds.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

March 3rd, 2009, 18:40
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Thanks for the info.

The official forum was down for a few days. Your registration probably got lost. The confirmation mail should be automatically sent within seconds.
Fair enough and thanks, but when I tried to register againI got an auto response stating that my name and e-mail address were already in use! But that s not an issue to be of concern here.

Bladeheart

Watcher

March 3rd, 2009, 22:26
Gamersgate have released the pdf manual !!!
52 pages long, and at first glance seems to be one of the best game manuals I have seen. !!!

Bladeheart

Watcher

March 3rd, 2009, 22:42
The German manual was very good. Of course it's impossible to squeeze the complete DSA ruleset into a few pages, but the manual did a good job to explain the basics.

Check the main page. You are famous.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Drakensang » Drakensang » PDF Manual? And a couple other things