|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 3 - v1.4.0.6 Patch

Default Fallout 3 - v1.4.0.6 Patch

March 3rd, 2009, 06:59
Matt Grandstaff announced a new Fallout 3 patch on the official forums, although it doesn't fix anything. Rather, it adds the Achievements for The Pitt in readiness for the second DLC release:
Today a new update (v1.4.0.6) is available on Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows LIVEUpdate 1.4 Notes (PC and Xbox 360).

It's a small update in preparation for the game's second DLC, The Pitt, which is slated for release this month.

New Features
  • New achievements for The Pitt
Support for multiple downloadable content
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 3rd, 2009, 06:59
A patch that fixes nothing? Sounds about right for Beth. They rather the community fix their games.

What's next, you have to be online to play their SP games? Oh wait, they already did that.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

March 3rd, 2009, 10:59
What's there to get upset about? They needed to do some preparation for upcoming content and so they released a patch for it. Complaining about this is the same as complaining about the absence of a patch. Does the game still actually need fixes? (I wouldn't know; I have the Xbox 360 version.)

Thaurin

SasqWatch

March 3rd, 2009, 11:00
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
What's there to get upset about? They needed to do some preparation for upcoming content and so they released a patch for it. Complaining about this is the same as complaining about the absence of a patch. Does the game still actually need fixes? (I wouldn't know; I have the Xbox 360 version.)
Works fine for me. Also when not online.

pibbur

March 3rd, 2009, 13:44
Originally Posted by Thaurin View Post
Wow, my comment really got your knickers twisted eh But seriously I'm not upset(can't get upset with all this good news lately) I just found it funny that they released a patch that fixed absolutely NOTHING. Come on, that is a little funny considering this is Beth we're talking about here.

If you saw my Fallout 3 mods thread, then yes, imo, it needs a lot of fixing which the community normally does for them.

Despite all my rage.
Last edited by skavenhorde; March 3rd, 2009 at 13:54.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

March 3rd, 2009, 15:24
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
Come on, that is a little funny considering this is Beth we're talking about here
? I don't get it.

Sending out game updates to prepare for future content isn't anything new at all, and I think Bethsoft have shown the way when it comes to quality of product on PC RPGs, especially when you consider the sheer amount of content. Both Oblivion and Fallout 3 were way more polished than other RPGs out during the same period.

The fact that the game is completely open and has drop-in plug-in system is just a bonus.

kalniel

SasqWatch

March 3rd, 2009, 16:31
It's A PATCH THAT ISN'T A PATCH! Oohhh nevermind. I thought it was funny as hell, but hey I'm weird like that.

Despite all my rage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

March 3rd, 2009, 16:39
Fable 2 calls patches title updates..

Dez

Keeper of the Watch

March 3rd, 2009, 16:49
It's A PATCH THAT ISN'T A PATCH! Oohhh nevermind. I thought it was funny as hell, but hey I'm weird like that.
I see. So the fact it patches in new functionality doesn't cut it with you?

kalniel

SasqWatch

March 3rd, 2009, 17:12
For some reason I didn't perceive the humour in your first post - despite the emote icon.

And for what it's worth, they don't call it a patch either, but an update.

pibbur

March 3rd, 2009, 17:57
Oh My GODS….come on people don't you have anything better to do than to disect what I said and not one person thought that being forced ONLINE after their first DLC was a little too much and now they announce they're upgrading nothing? Not one little laugh out of anyone?

Okey Dokey then. F3 is cool beans with everyone? Nothing wrong with it at all? It's perfect in it's perfection? DLC that makes you get online is ok then? and of course the "upgrade" that isn't an upgrade is ok then? Story line is great? The fact that you get to lvl uber in 3 seconds flat is ok? Great, I'm glad I'm in the minority. I'll just mod it with the other people who aren't that happy with it and then we can all have a nice time.

And yes I was being sarcastic and trying to be amusing to avoid these types of comments because everyone and their mother has polorizing opinions about all of Beths games. I might of thought some people would still be upset about having to log on after they got their first DLC and then they release this that isn't anything. But sorry, my mistake, I'm the only one that was a bit peeved about logging on and thought the "upgrade" was silly. One question…Everyone is happy with just getting to 20th lvl and that's it. Everything dies just by looking at you and there is nothing at all interesting in the world anymore because you are pretty much a god.

And yes an upgrade/patch/addon/whatever that isn't an patch doesn't cut it with me. But what am I going to do about it? Oh wait I know, I'll make a silly comment and have everyone get all upity about it. Yep, that sounds like a plan.

Once again I'll say, That I (keyword there is "I") thought it was funny as hell. And once again I'll say, I (Keyword there is "I") am weird like that.

Have a happy Friday the 13th everyone, I know I will See sorta funny in an ironic sorta way.

Ehhh…I think I should keep my day job

Can't believe not one person wasn't unhappy with the direction F3 is going in. Not one! See I guess I was wrong, but still don't care. That DLC play online is bullshit and a patch/upgrade about nothing is sillier than my Aunt Lee.

You might like to know that I don't hate Beth to its core. I thank them for at least giving us the tools to fix their game and make it better. For example I am play Oblivion RIGHT NOW. Want to know how many mods I had to use to make that game at least somewhat fun. It's almost 100 including FCOM which changes the whole game. Now it's challenging and I have the added bonus of not having to log on to play it.

Despite all my rage.
Last edited by skavenhorde; March 3rd, 2009 at 18:14.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

March 3rd, 2009, 19:51

LionHearted

Traveler

March 3rd, 2009, 21:15
Oh. You meant it funny. Didn't get that. It sounded more like you were very unhappy about the way Bethesda's doing business.

I'm sure there are people that weren't too happy about the way the game turned out. I don't see how that has much to do with this patch/update thing.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

March 3rd, 2009, 23:47
Hey Skav, I thought it was funny and I won't be getting any DLC if it means I have to be online afterwards either. However, some people think I'm weird too!!

If God said it, then that settles it!!

Editor@RPGWatch

Corwin

On The Razorblade of Life
RPGWatch Team

Send a message via Skype™ to Corwin

March 4th, 2009, 03:18
Mission accomplished, at least one person thought it was funny Thanks, Corwin I was seriously starting to think that I was the only one that was a bit peeved about the whole online thing. Not to mention an upgrade/patch for nothing.

Thank you and good night ladies and gentlemen, the rat has left the building

Despite all my rage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

March 4th, 2009, 22:41
Maybe it has something to do with me having the Xbox 360 version, so no having to be online issues (although the thing *is* always online). Okay, so I can see how a patch that fixes nothing can be funny, but it did sound more like a complaint than a joke!

Thaurin

SasqWatch

March 5th, 2009, 01:25
I know, I'm just not that funny. I've been told this(many times), but gosh darn it I just have to keep trying

And yes the first sentence I was making fun of them and bithing at the same time. But the second was the joke. Anyways, I'm tired of explaining why I think a patch about nothing is retarded. So Once again,
Thank you and goodnight ladies and gentlemen. The rat has left the building (for good)

Despite all my rage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 3 - v1.4.0.6 Patch