|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Favourite RPG Developer?

View Poll Results - Favourite RPG Developer?

Interplay / Black Isle 295 23.12%
Bethsoft 54 4.23%
BioWare 215 16.85%
Blizzard 29 2.27%
Piranha Bytes 133 10.42%
Troika 394 30.88%
Sir-tech 56 4.39%
Origin 62 4.86%
NWC 22 1.72%
Spiderweb 16 1.25%
Voters: 1276. You may not vote on this poll

Default Favourite RPG Developer?

January 18th, 2011, 12:46
Looking Glass.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

January 18th, 2011, 13:55
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
Looking Glass.
Word :) Also: S.S.I.

zadokAllen

Sentinel

January 18th, 2011, 21:27
Originally Posted by stamar View Post
the only reason I wouldnt say black isle as a developer, the in house interplay developer,

Is because icewind dale was so much more boring than baldurs gate.

I dont know why but in the 5 infinity engine games they made the very best one and then the only bad one imo
No, IWD is a great game just a very different one. It was entirely focused on battles and dungeons, had very little (if any?) sidequests, not a whole lot of dialogue either.

Because of its focus it was very fast paced and challenging, and its length didn't overstay its welcome. This made it very satisfying to finish. And because it was not 100 hours long and you got to create your own party, it was great for replays.

It also had an amazing musical score (a bit better than BG's, although that was excellent as well). And although it was the same engine as BG's, it had much nicer and more varied art design than BG.

If anything the only bad one was IWD 2 which made some improvements over IWD (more dialogue, some interesting quests, more voice overs) but was a bit tedious and had poor pacing (come on who put a puzzle-y Ice Palace in my dungeon crawler?).

And to be fair, by then the Infinity Engine just failed to impress after Morrowind and Dungeon Siege (looked pretty at the time, still sucked). And it wasn't so much looks either, it was still gorgeous 2D, but there were no surprises, same basic mechanics as previous games (at least Planescape mixed it up quite a bit).

Oblivion cares about YOU!

Relayer

Keeper of the Watch

January 18th, 2011, 21:51
Originally Posted by Relayer View Post
If anything the only bad one was IWD 2 which made some improvements over IWD (more dialogue, some interesting quests, more voice overs) but was a bit tedious and had poor pacing (come on who put a puzzle-y Ice Palace in my dungeon crawler?).

And to be fair, by then the Infinity Engine just failed to impress after Morrowind and Dungeon Siege (looked pretty at the time, still sucked). And it wasn't so much looks either, it was still gorgeous 2D, but there were no surprises, same basic mechanics as previous games (at least Planescape mixed it up quite a bit).
It wasn't the mechanics that bothered me about IWD2, it was that the story just didn't stick with me at all. I lost interest the first time I played it, not so with IWD. Though I will say the ending was better. The ending for IWD was pathetic.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist

January 18th, 2011, 21:53
A little late, but mine are Mindcraft & Attic. I loved the MC (all three) and RoA series'.

EvilManagedCare

Sentinel

January 19th, 2011, 01:44
Well of the 5 ie games ignoring the expansions

black isle made one really well written one with a great story, and then they made two with a group to kill in every room
that you and many people think are fun but nobody really thinks are great. They were different. I started and did not finish either because they got tedious especially the first one. iwd2 at least had higher resolution

And bioware made two that everyone loves.
So Im just saying everything black isle made wasnt super. Wasnt bad though.

stamar

Watcher

September 3rd, 2011, 07:58
Black Isle of course. I never forget her RPG legends. I have her games, too.

Tanno

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » Polls & Comments » Favourite RPG Developer?