|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3 - CP 1.7 Interview @ WoG

Default Gothic 3 - CP 1.7 Interview @ WoG

March 8th, 2009, 23:05
World of Gothic speaks to a slew of contributors to the Gothic 3 Community Patch, mostly asking about the development itself:
How were the candidates for the team evaluated? Did you have many members right from the start or did the Team grow bit by bit?
Glockenbeat: We wrote to more people than finally found themselves back in the Team. As described above, they all had to endure a hard time first: deprivation of food, getting beaten up, electrical shocks and South-Eastern torture methods were part of a daily program they were subjected to. Only the toughest survivedů.
Just kidding. But of course we had to search for people who were qualified for the Team, and of course that meant that a large part of the Community had to be excluded. We had to sift them based on their motivation, availability, knowledge of technical issues, and so on.
When looking around one recognises quickly what each candidate is capable of. Thus the core of the Team was built up quickly.
And, as can be expected during such a long time, the size of the Team fluctuated a little, with people coming and going.

But above all: The motivation of the candidates was decisive, and not the knowledge of programming languages or similar stuff.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 8th, 2009, 23:05
Here's the 2nd part of the interview.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

March 9th, 2009, 00:18
Quote by Humanforce:-
[The Community Patch will, no matter how important the matter is, not be able to change a thing about the storyline.]

This is the right moral line to take as the storyline is knitted around Xardas and to alter this would be tampering beyond decency of the original concept progression, conflict of the gods.

Wulf

Inquisitor

March 9th, 2009, 00:23
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
This is the right moral line to take as the storyline is knitted around Xardas and to alter this would be tampering beyond decency of the original concept progression, conflict of the gods.
That means you'll give the patch a chance?

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

March 9th, 2009, 00:48
Of course, this is even better than i expected, it means i can continue the search for something suggested in the original game while at the same time using the new patch, a new install but no quest pack (probably later)….yep, can't wait.

Wulf

Inquisitor

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Gothic 3 - CP 1.7 Interview @ WoG