RPGWatch Feature - Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage Review

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Mike 'txa1265' Anderson takes a look at Bethesda's first DLC addon for Fallout 3, Operation Anchorage:
Horse armor. Those two words are enough to get even the most staunch supporters of 'DLC' (downloadable content) riled up. That is because what it offers - Colorforms for your horse for $2 in real money - felt like a rather blatant money grab. It seemed that Bethesda and Microsoft teamed up and said 'let's test this system by holding out including something trivial from the game, then offering it for a small sum and see how many suckers ... errm, customers are interested'. While the DLC for Oblivion and many other games has greatly improved (though in many other cases it has not), the fundamental question of the 'value proposition' dogs every DLC release - and with good reason.
Read it all here.
More information.

I agree completely. Avoid it at all costs.

One thing you forgot to mention in the report. It turns on Live and you now have to login to live to save or load. You get rid of that little "feature" by unloading OA. It goes back to normal. Although I don't think you need to mention that little nugget because I think I whined enough about it in many threads. think everyone knows about that little feature by now ;)

Great review of a horrible....I want to say game or side quest, but I wouldn't even call it that. Great review of a nothing addition :) there that's better.

I complained about that in one of the threads as well - where my saves and loads were all messed up depending on how I started the game ...

Haha! I loved the concluding statement, that really made me laugh!
Good work as always, thank you.

Haha! I loved the concluding statement, that really made me laugh!

Yeah - a friend from GamerDad changed his sig at another site to use that line ...

Back
Top Bottom