|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lionhead Studios - Peter Molyneux Interview @ Develop

Default Lionhead Studios - Peter Molyneux Interview @ Develop

March 18th, 2009, 17:16
Peter Molyneux speaks to Develop magazine about turning Lionhead around through improvements to their processes:
The truth is, I think Iím famously awful at developing games. Before, Iíd walk into the office, wave my arms and say ‘Iíve just had a cool thoughtí Ė usually after severe alcohol abuse Ė and that lead us to spending a lot of money very foolishly on things that werenít going to get anywhere.
Quite a while ago now, we sat down and thought, well, this is ridiculous Ė we canít keep this notion that game development is a purely creative process, and that you have to build it to be able to see it. Thereís got to be another way.
The first thing that we did is say, right, we need to do more work upfront it design and concepting, and that means less iteration further on. Because when youíve got a team like Fable, which was around 100 people, you canít experiment with that many; youíd be spending mad amounts of money. You just canít do it.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

March 18th, 2009, 17:16
That's nice and all, but are we going to get a PC version yet Mr. Molyneux?

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver

March 18th, 2009, 19:46
Despite that Moyneux frequently sticks his feet in his mouth, one thing I really like about the guy is when he's asked a question, he really gives you his gods honest opinion on the subject. In this world of spin and agenda driven commentary, I find it really refreshing.

It's also pretty admirable how he's learning to run his company better and better as he goes through the crisis he mentions.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

March 18th, 2009, 23:01
Molyneux was working 120 hours a week? That is 17 hour days 7 days a week. That is nuts. I don't know how he found the time for the alcohol abuse he mentioned.

Burress

Watchdog

March 18th, 2009, 23:21
Originally Posted by Burress View Post
Molyneux was working 120 hours a week? That is 17 hour days 7 days a week. That is nuts. I don't know how he found the time for the alcohol abuse he mentioned.
Simple answer. Drinking IS working.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Lionhead Studios - Peter Molyneux Interview @ Develop