CoH & CoV - Mission Architect Preview @ Trembling Hand

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
A relative gushing of praise for CoH's content tool.
How can a five year old MMO be the way of the future? Well, besides the fact that City of Heroes already has a plethora of features other MMOs have yet to equal - like epic customisation, effortless teaming, early fast travel etc - it will soon have something that no other MMO can come close to: user created content.

I've already had a go of the engine behind this revolution, the Mission Architect, in open beta. And while I'm not prone to gushing, I'm emotionally at ease proclaiming that it's simply astounding. Ground breaking. Awesome. Hyperbolic, even. And it just gets better with each patch that is rolled out.
More information.

Hyperbolic? Does that mean it kicks asymptotes?

Something he didn't touch on that shocked me to the bone - you get xp and inf (money) for doing Mission Architect missions. I figured giving us this much power to make missions would end up meaning that they couldn't give us rewards, or that rewards would be massively reduced to prevent farming. Didn't happen that way!

By the way, looks like there's new box art coming to the game on April 14th. They're hyping this feature for all it's worth.

Hyperbolic? Does that mean it kicks asymptotes?

Something he didn't touch on that shocked me to the bone - you get xp and inf (money) for doing Mission Architect missions. I figured giving us this much power to make missions would end up meaning that they couldn't give us rewards, or that rewards would be massively reduced to prevent farming. Didn't happen that way!

By the way, looks like there's new box art coming to the game on April 14th. They're hyping this feature for all it's worth.

It's probably going to be adjusted as they see exploits appear. I remember when I played CoH/CoV that there were enemies that were just plain easier than others at the same level. I can imagine the 'fast exp/fast money' user-created missions would be filled with the easy ones.

Well, yeah, they could always fill a mission with the normal enemies we already run into in the normal game. But that's hardly any different than finding a mission that's easy, running it until it's almost done, then getting everyone to log out so the mission resets. It might be a tad more handy for the farmers but I don't think it will change game balance any.

Back
Top Bottom