|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King's Bounty: Armored Princess - Screens @ Worthplaying

Default King's Bounty: Armored Princess - Screens @ Worthplaying

April 7th, 2009, 01:42
Hopefully these 16 King's Bounty: Armoured Princess screens at Worthplaying are new.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 7th, 2009, 01:42
I think I've seen the one that looks like a box shot before, but the rest seem new. Also, they may have said previously that Armored Princess definitely requires the original game, but this is the first I've caught it. Some of the earlier PR phrasing made it sound almost like a standalone.

That 'Bill Gilbert' thing kills me every time. Must sound more fantasy-like in Russian.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

April 7th, 2009, 07:48
Well, I can certainly say that I like her taste in armor…

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom

April 7th, 2009, 09:00
YEah, it must be very good at blocking blows, or arrows especially around the bosom area…….

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

April 7th, 2009, 09:51
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
YEah, it must be very good at blocking blows, or arrows especially around the bosom area…….
Bah, a minor detail. The important thing when designing female armour is making the wearer show off her goodies and that she does splendidly in this case … *BONK* Ouch! Who threw that?!?

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic

April 7th, 2009, 12:59
… Wonder whether the armor would look differently if it was designed by women … ? …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 7th, 2009, 13:14
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
That 'Bill Gilbert' thing kills me every time. Must sound more fantasy-like in Russian.
You failed your Knowledge (Geekdom) check big time. Bill Gilbert is the alias of one of the most well-known hackers of the late eighties. He cracked the original King's Bounty, among other things.

Hümmelgümpf

Traveler

April 7th, 2009, 15:45
Originally Posted by Hümmelgümpf View Post
You failed your Knowledge (Geekdom) check big time. Bill Gilbert is the alias of one of the most well-known hackers of the late eighties. He cracked the original King's Bounty, among other things.
Get that test into the MIT nerdity test (which actually is a geek test, methinks). You get an extra point for suggestiing new content.

Says Pibbur, who scores 40% in said test, thus making him a closet nerd (or geek if you want).

pibbur

April 7th, 2009, 16:02
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
I think I've seen the one that looks like a box shot before, but the rest seem new. Also, they may have said previously that Armored Princess definitely requires the original game, but this is the first I've caught it. Some of the earlier PR phrasing made it sound almost like a standalone.
Weird, just 3 or 4 days ago I asked in the official forums and the admin said KB:AP does not require the original. (http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr…?t=5311&page=7)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

April 7th, 2009, 16:34
It seems like every week I hear something different about whether or not it's a stand-alone or a conventional add-on.

JDR13

SasqWatch

April 7th, 2009, 17:06
i dont see the problem of standalone or not.
the original is a must have so wo cares if its not a standalone

this is the kinda game i crave !!

does it show?

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

April 7th, 2009, 19:51
I guess no one else here is bothered by your completely idiotic looking "baby" dragon, which is going to follow you to each and every encounter in the game. It looks like some refugee animal that didn't make the cut for Pokemon, not to mention having zero in common with the design of the other units. Some Tamagotchi elements as well: "Feed and take care of your new fire breathing friend."

What were they thinking?!

my novel: bit.ly/dreamlandsbook

screeg

floating head

April 7th, 2009, 20:14
Originally Posted by Hümmelgümpf View Post
Thanks—it makes much more sense now. My geek level is abnormally low for a gamer—it's a math thing, I think.

@screeg—yes, I have to say the baby dragon is awfully girly-looking, but hopefully there is some corresponding sarcasm somewhere in the game to make up for it.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

April 7th, 2009, 22:33
Maybe they've included a quest for the more necro inclined players for the dragon to be turned into a dragoliche or something …

Polyester

Watchdog

April 7th, 2009, 23:21
I picked up Kings Bounty last week and I'm totally hooked, fantastic game. Honestly, I'm enjoying it quite a bit more than I did Drakensang. The camera and interface mods are a near-must though.

I hope they don't drop the separate character classes. I realize there are pretty minor differences between the classes but they add some flavor I think would be missing if classes were dropped in the expansion.

We'll see if I can get over being forced to play a female, I always have a major disconnect issue whenever I play a female character in any game.

I'm glad they changed up the rage box for the dragon idea, keeping it essentially the same functionally but cosmetically different. I wouldn't mind how the dragon looks if it matures as it levels but pokemon reject is a very accurate description of the screenshots.

LuckyCarbon

Unfettered Developer

April 7th, 2009, 23:34
Originally Posted by LuckyCarbon View Post
I hope they don't drop the separate character classes. I realize there are pretty minor differences between the classes but they add some flavor I think would be missing if classes were dropped in the expansion.
They won't. You can play as Amelie the Wizard, Amelie the Paladin or Amelie the Warrior
We'll see if I can get over being forced to play a female, I always have a major disconnect issue whenever I play a female character in any game.
Hey, the ladies have done it for the majority of the games, I don't see a problem with us doing it for a change (just don't get used to it!)

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

April 8th, 2009, 09:38
guess no one else here is bothered by your completely idiotic looking "baby" dragon, which is going to follow you to each and every encounter in the game. It looks like some refugee animal that didn't make the cut for Pokemon, not to mention having zero in common with the design of the other units. Some Tamagotchi elements as well: "Feed and take care of your new fire breathing friend."

What were they thinking?!
It is cute! and they are obviously trying to attract more female players… feed the dragon mm mm my little pet !

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

April 8th, 2009, 17:46
Yes, but you see that female players are forced the other way round for 99 % of all other games ?

("No.")

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 9th, 2009, 16:02
http://www.worthplaying.com/kiwi_pop…incess_052.jpg

In this picture the princess is in fuller set of plate:
http://www.kingsbounty.ru/princess/i…090218_002.jpg

Som known computer games comic made a good one about women always wearing iron thongs in crpgs. Cant remember the name though.
Does that happen to you when immersing yourself into a movie where woman is in a leading role? Just wondering.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

April 9th, 2009, 16:08
Ehh, did anyone notice she has different hair color ???

O in the dressed version she is a paladin I guess……. in the one which so little clothes a sorcerer might be? and the third setup a warrior ?

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » King's Bounty: Armored Princess - Screens @ Worthplaying