NWN2 - Whither Westgate?

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Ossian's Tiberius has posted a couple of comments to explain the continuing absence of Mysteries of Westgate. Apparently Atari is waiting on two separate Hasbro approvals related to European distribution. Here's the main bit:
Contrary to what some have implied, we really are waiting on Hasbro's approval. That approval has not come, apparently, because of concerns regarding some of the European distributors. I don't know enough to be more specific as to the nature of these concerns. The result is the same regardless.

What that means is that you North American customers could be playing right now, but everyone (Ossian included) has always desired a simultaneous release. The question is whether the approvals will take long enough to warrant a staggered release or if we should continue holding up everyone to wait for the concerns to be addressed. I don't know which direction it will go.
More information.

Its a pity. All these issues must be scaring away other devs.

Are Hasbro taking a more pro-active involvement in distribution issues then? I thought previously they were mainly concerned with maintaining correct lore/canon for the franchise.

This really is getting absurd ...

I bet this means the original plan was an open release and now they're arguing with Euro disties, who want exclusivity in their territory. That means region-locking, which sucks.

It's time game distribution contracts took the internet into account. You know, being a new invention and all.

But why are they negotiating now? Atari could have cleared this up months ago.

I can only guess it's something new at Hasbro - didn't someone say they've been stopping PDF sales recently or something?

Back
Top Bottom