NWN2 - Mysteries of Westgate and v1.23

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Obsidian's Rob McGinnis posts that Mysteries of Westgate will be released soon (Seriously. No, stop laughing. Really...it's soon), which means it will need to be tested against the upcoming v1.23 patch for NWN2:
Hello everyone,

I do not want to get people's hopes up, but I am told that Mysteries of Westgate will be released very soon (sooner than my normal soon).

We will also be releasing the 1.23 beta within a matter of a day or so, so I thought I would talk to you all about how we are planning things to work.

We are going to change the 1.23 beta to a semi-closed beta, instead of an open beta. This will help us support you better and will help to get MoW out there sooner, rather than waiting on another few rounds of MoW testing.

MoW has not been specifically tested with 1.23 yet, so we want to make sure any bugs that come up are reported and handled correctly. It wouldn't be fair to Ossian if there ended up being some compatibility issues between MoW and 1.23, and people just chalked those up as issues with MoW.

I will be asking for people that want to test 1.23 to sign up at the Obsidian forums ( http://forums.obsidian.net/ ), then send me a PM on those forums to let me know.

We will also be providing a revert patch for the beta, so if you find things are too troublesome for you, you can revert back to 1.22 so you can enjoy MoW.

If you have any questions, please post them here and I will try to answer them as best I can. No, I cannot give an exact date.
icon_wink.gif
More information.

At least they realise that they are taking the piss when they say it will be released soon. The year + delay aside, I think I've heard about 3 or 4 times in the last month or so that it was just about to be released, or probably this Thursday, or the smart money is that it will come out by the end of the week... They must know it's gotten to the point where the only announcment anyone will take seriously now is the one that says it's out now, and here's the download link.

Well.If it take that much work to test the compatibility of MOW with a new patch,i think they can just dont release the mod now.
What if the mod work with 1.23,but just dont work with a newer patch?

The MoW release date has been set as 29th April - I'm sure RPGwatch has a more detailed statement from Avantenor waiting already ;)

It's too bad that when they designed NWN2, they didn't make it such that you could run it under different 'profiles', IE run something under the original build, 1.20 patch, etc. so that once a mod was built and tested on a specific build, no further updates would be needed unless the modder wanted to update it to incorporate new features.

although, I don't see why new updates would break older mods. Updates should fix bugs and add new functionality, so unless a mod is based on something broken, it shouldn't happen... ideally

Back
Top Bottom