|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 3 - Broken Steel DLC Roundup

Default Fallout 3 - Broken Steel DLC Roundup

April 22nd, 2009, 03:49
Looks like everything is about Fallout this week…the recent Bethsoft press event that saw New Vegas announced also revealed more details about the Broken Steel DLC. First, the official release date has been delayed a little to May 5th and new screenshots are available.
If you haven't played the ending of Fallout 3, you may want to skip any quotes from here on because Broken Sky changes the ending and spoilers are inevitable.
Here's a list of new previews out there, primarily ripped from the Bethblog:

Here come those spoilers. From Giant Bomb:
The new conclusion of the main quest still has you dealing with the activation of the water purifier that is the centerpiece of Project Purity. The twist is that you'll survive the radiation if you go in yourself, and other options—such as sending in the radiation-resistant mutant, Fawkes—are also now available. This effectively takes care of the most ridiculous thing that happened in that entire game. Previously, Fawkes had some lame excuse that prevented you from "outsmarting" the game's ending. Man, even mentioning it now still gets me all hot and bothered. Other sidekicks can also venture in.
…and GameSpot:
As well as wandering around the Capital Wasteland doing new side quests and mopping up what may have been left of the original game's multiple quests, many of which will still be available, the main quest will take you across the wasteland too. This will take the form of attacking Enclave bases and attempting to give the Brotherhood of Steel an even greater tactical advantage to wipe out the Enclave problem once and for all. One such mission that was briefly showcased was a quest to find a tesla coil in an effort to construct a new weapon—the tesla cannon.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 22nd, 2009, 03:49
Hmmm … now I have to decide if I am willing to endure another run through the game to get to the end to play this …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

April 22nd, 2009, 07:13
You're not just going to load up a save? I think that's what I'll do, if Microsoft lets me buy it this time.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

April 22nd, 2009, 11:18
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
You're not just going to load up a save? I think that's what I'll do, if Microsoft lets me buy it this time.
When I uninstalled everything after hating Operation Anchorage I blew away everything … so doing The Pitt required a fresh start …

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Fallout 3 - Broken Steel DLC Roundup