|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » City of Abandoned Ships - Scheduled for May Release

Default City of Abandoned Ships - Scheduled for May Release

April 20th, 2009, 20:35
Worthplaying posts an update on Akella's and Seaward.ru's piracy themed rpg, City of Abandoned Ships, giving a (presumably U.S.) release date of May 12. There's apparently been a title overhaul as well, with the game being referred to as Age of Pirates 2:CoAS. Here's the features list:
Key Features
  • Face fierce ship-to-ship combat or stand toe-to-toe with the most feared swordsmen in the Caribbean
  • Choose from 3 different characters and 3 different classes, Merchant, Corsair and Adventurer, each with their own quest line with more than 10 missions
  • Four main campaigns with over 40 quests
  • Over 40 quest generators allowing for an additional infinite amount of quests
  • New combat system for faster fights
  • Choose from 3 weapon classes: light, medium and heavy
  • New “PIRATES” role playing system with the following characteristics: Power, Impression, Reaction, Authority, Talent, Endurance, Success
  • Advanced trading system
  • Meet real-life historical characters such as Jamaican governors Colonel Thomas Lynch and Thomas Modyford
  • Accurate maps of the Caribbean with a vast array of land-based locations, from dense South American jungle to dark Caribbean cave complexes (3 times the size of the “Caribbean Tales” world)
More information.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

April 20th, 2009, 20:35
Hm, doesn't sound bad.

There are so far only very few Pirate-themed offline C-RPGs available …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

April 20th, 2009, 21:06
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Hm, doesn't sound bad.

There are so far only very few Pirate-themed offline C-RPGs available …
Yeah it looks interesting. Need a demo.

northreign

SkyPirate

April 20th, 2009, 21:53
I'm looking forward to this! I hope it's as modifiable as it's predecessors as, I have to admit, every one of their pirate games since Sea Dogs has needed some hefty modding.

Guhndahb

Sentinel

April 21st, 2009, 13:18
It's about time this one surfaced again. It has been a while. Usually when a title submarines in publicity (at least it has on this site) it means it's still a long way off. I'm skeptical on the May release, but that would be nice.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

April 21st, 2009, 13:58
I think it is already out in russia and has been for awhile and I hope it is better then Age of Pirates.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » City of Abandoned Ships - Scheduled for May Release