|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - New Logo

Default Dragon Age - New Logo

May 9th, 2009, 14:37
The Dragon Age forum theme is the premiere of the new (and apparently final) DA logo. Here's Chris Priestly commenting in a thread:
The logo you now see at the top of this page (if you don't, try hitting the F5 key to refresh) is the final logo for the game. The previous logo was a stand in until we finalized things. You will see the old logo disappear from where it is now and the new logo be put in its place as the web team catches up.

And yes, the box art you had seen previously is also not final. I have seen the final box art and it is frankly quite stunning. Definitely not what I think a lot of people are expecting, but very striking and eye catching. I'm not sure when we'll be revealing the box art yet, but it is going to make a big impact when it appears. Stay tuned.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

May 9th, 2009, 14:37
Goodness, that looks quite dark. Not to mention gritty.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

May 9th, 2009, 14:55
Reminds me a zombie game but I still like it better than the previous.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

May 9th, 2009, 15:15
That didnt take a heck of alot of imagination. Personally I like the old logo better. If you are going to use blood splatter though - there better be blood in the game. Every clip I see looks increasingly sanitized.

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

May 9th, 2009, 17:20
Imo the old logo looked exactly like the Drakensang logo. In fact, so much so that for a while I thought they were the same game and that Drakensang was Dragon Age in another language.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

May 9th, 2009, 17:48
Originally Posted by Prime Junta View Post
I know, right? A blood splatter and… is that a dagger I see stuck in the D? Tres creative!

Essaliad

Sentinel

May 9th, 2009, 17:49
Kind of generic but I suppose logos tend to be that way. Maybe they're trying to avoid the fantasy cliches of swords and flaming skulls and things.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

May 9th, 2009, 18:06
To me the old one seemed reminiscent of some of the pleasant medieval eccentricities in the Baldur's Gate games while this one seems more austere and gives the impression that the dragon age is a dangerous one fit for dangerous people.

I like it.

Oh, I wish I had a river I could skate away on. But it don't snow here. It stays pretty green. I'm going to make a lot of money, then I'm going to quit this crazy scene. — [Joni Mitchell]
Last edited by Squeek; May 9th, 2009 at 19:03. Reason: when am I going to start using a spell checker? (sheesh)

Squeek

connoisseur of tidbits

May 9th, 2009, 21:41
My first impression was: EA felt the original logo was too "tame" and wanted to move more copies with a brutal-looking logo that featured more blood splatter and cold steel. Perhaps that is just my kneejerk reaction, but well… I can think of few game companies I dislike or distrust more than EA, so there it is. Old logo was fine.

Cabel Blacke

Watcher

May 9th, 2009, 21:53
I thought the old one was kinda generic Dragonlance-D&D-swords-n-sorcery thing; this is somewhat fresher when applied to a fantasy cRPG anyway. I was just poking fun at their PR — Dark! Gritty! seems to be so much the party line.

I'm quite looking forward to to some good clean Dark! Gritty! BioWare fun on this one. If there's a clingy elf girlfriend romance culminating with a <smooch> "I luv you but we have to save the world now so our relationship has to wait" thing, though, I hope at least that there's an option to sell her into slavery afterward or something. Just to make it properly Dark!, not to mention Gritty!, you know.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

May 10th, 2009, 00:15
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
That didnt take a heck of alot of imagination. Personally I like the old logo better. If you are going to use blood splatter though - there better be blood in the game. Every clip I see looks increasingly sanitized.
Have a look at the new trailer. Pretty sure it will satisfy your blood splatter needs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuJ5T9sfAA

stefan9

Watcher

May 10th, 2009, 00:49
New logo sucks like a jet engine on 'roids and looks like a straight L4D rip-off with the blood splatters. But who cares as long as the game is good, right?

Moriendor

Spielkind

May 10th, 2009, 01:29
Originally Posted by stefan9 View Post
Have a look at the new trailer. Pretty sure it will satisfy your blood splatter needs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SuJ5T9sfAA
Lol, that's horrible and totally ruining the rpg feel. I was going to say marketing division of EA/Bioware had finally "consolified" it, but it's not even that.

hishadow

Level N+1

May 10th, 2009, 01:36
Hey! What about the logo I got on my Dragon Age: The Stolen Throne? I demand they come and replace it? In fact I going to hold my breath until they do…

Phonix

Watchdog

May 10th, 2009, 01:59
The one at the end of the manly, sex & blood trailer is better, though it still reads a bit like Eragon Age.

DeepO

deep outside

May 10th, 2009, 02:03
Obviously they trying so hard to promote the DA as the "dark", "gritty" dan mature type of game. You guys should check up the new trailer http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/46…rigins-Trailer

I' m not impressed.

Remus

Antihero

May 10th, 2009, 17:28
Oh, what a Jest ! And for Drakensang they just changed the international logo, because it was so much looking like the one of Dragon Age !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

May 11th, 2009, 06:05
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Oh, what a Jest ! And for Drakensang they just changed the international logo, because it was so much looking like the one of Dragon Age !
See?! That's exactly what I was saying earlier. Both logos looked the same.

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

May 11th, 2009, 11:47
Originally Posted by Prime Junta View Post
The new formula for success:
1. Dark
2. Gritty
…. something
4. Profit!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

May 12th, 2009, 20:52
@txa1265 : This is nothing new. The trend was developing throughout the last years.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Dragon Age - New Logo