|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Demonicon - Interview @ GameBanshee

Default Demonicon - Interview @ GameBanshee

June 11th, 2009, 09:43
Carsten Strehse from Silver Style/TGC has been interviewed at GameBanshee about their upcoming The Dark Eye game, Demonicon:
From what we've read, your plan is to present the player with difficult, plot-critical choices during the game. Can you give us an example or two and take us through what effects each choice will have on the rest of the game?

First of all, every quest will have at least three different solutions, and combat is not always the best or the easiest approach. Moral decisions will also play a great role in the game. For example: Will our hero form an alliance of convenience with a mad ruler? Such an alliance would yield valuable information, but in the long run, it could also hurt our hero’s reputation and alienate potential allies. Alternatively, he could seek help from a resistance movement, and the insane ruler would then relentlessly try to hunt him down. At the same time, though, the resistance could stir up a rebellion which would be of invaluable help to our hero in later quests. So there is no single correct way, but many different possibilities to develop a special relationship with the game world by making your own choices.
More information.

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

June 11th, 2009, 09:43
in 1 paragraph, they already spoiled the whole plot
________
Toys dildo
Last edited by baron; April 28th, 2011 at 10:02.

baron

Custom User Title

June 11th, 2009, 11:05
Originally Posted by baron View Post
in 1 paragraph, they already spoiled the whole plot
Yes, but if they feel free to share so much detail, then that means there's a lot more to find out/play/explore. Which is great.

VPeric

Sentinel

June 11th, 2009, 11:53
Two of the most important differences are character generation and character development, both of which were implemented only rudimentary in Drakensang.
LOL !

I mean - if they call THAT rudimentary … Okay, it is, but in the reverse argument this would mean that *their* generation would be *much* more detailed !
If that is true, then this could mean good things !

Apart from that, I still have the feeling as if this will be an hack & slay - only game. Because the Black Lands are ideal for that.
But I don't really know whether my assumptions are right or wrong.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

June 11th, 2009, 14:38
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
I mean - if they call THAT rudimentary … Okay, it is, but in the reverse argument this would mean that *their* generation would be *much* more detailed !
If that is true, then this could mean good things !
Well I guess for generation it means, other then the cosmetic decisions mentioned, the player will be able to choose the race/culture/profession-combination for him-/herself.

Apart from that, I still have the feeling as if this will be an hack & slay - only game.
Yeah that is my fear too.

Because the Black Lands are ideal for that.
I don't know about that, but it sure is nice to see any TDE release set in the Black Lands and not in the fairytaleland(tm) parts of the Aventuria setting, *cough*Albernia and Kosh*cough*.

But I don't really know whether my assumptions are right or wrong.
Yeah, I don't know how much of the hype will be in the game either, I had the feeling that Silver Style was still early in pre-production when they started talking about Demonicon.

Let's just hope this game is not the next victim of the TDE-CRPG-curse.

noctrun

Watcher

June 11th, 2009, 16:49
I wouldn't trust Carsten, after all he said about The Fall and how the game was in reality.

Dagon

Watchdog

June 11th, 2009, 18:18
Originally Posted by noctrun View Post
I don't know about that, but it sure is nice to see any TDE release set in the Black Lands and not in the fairytaleland(tm) parts of the Aventuria setting, *cough*Albernia and Kosh*cough*.
I may be an old-fashioned fan, since I used to play this game in 2nd edition before there were any black lands, but I kind of dig the fairytaleland. Especially for cRPGs right now, since everyone else is already doing Dark and Gritty

Brother None

SasqWatch

June 11th, 2009, 18:19
I would love to have a TDE game set in Al'Anfa and the surrounding rainforests. Corruption, slavery, decadence, exotic sights…

Grandor Dragon

Sentinel

June 12th, 2009, 00:00
Originally Posted by Brother None View Post
Especially for cRPGs right now, since everyone else is already doing Dark and Gritty
Yes, my thought as well.

This relates to this remark by me made in this thread

@Grandor Dragon : Yes, other regions would be nice. But not only Al'Anfa.
On the other hand, the region around Al'Anfa would be ideal for a "grey" TDE RPG …

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Demonicon - Interview @ GameBanshee