|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » VtM-Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch v6.3

Default VtM-Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch v6.3

July 4th, 2009, 00:30
A new month and we have a new patch available for Vampire: Bloodlines bringing it to version 6.3.
+ Added Mitnick quest for library card and changed Gary's quest items.
+ Increased Dragon's Breath damage and created a separate round type.
+ Placed a katana into Fu Syndicate and a girl into VV's private pool.
+ Added humanity point and lines for giving Lily's items back to her.
+ Swapped crossbows in temple basement with Steyr AUGs like in ending.
+ Removed humanity loss for killing victims at the Hallowbrook hotel.
+ Added explosion and boss flag for the Venture Tower Dominated guard.
Fixed missing Dima and Russians issues and cop and Bruno subtitles.
Improved Gargoyle logs and delayed phone dialogues to fit animation.
Fixed edicts errors generated by use of Auspex, thanks to SunBlade.
Exchanged Venture Tower guard models and armed them with Steyr AUGs.
Fixed Arthur/Knox issue and Kiki's standing hair, thanks to MooCHa.
Corrected Beckett bonus dialogue and two missing Ocean House sounds.
Removed three more plus items to improve basic patch compatibility.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 4th, 2009, 00:30
To anyone with experience on the patch,can I install it on 6.2?

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher

July 4th, 2009, 03:07
Does it seem odd to anyone else that he doesn't understanding how versioning works?

Unless you've completely overhauled the program, the patch after 1.9 should be 1.10. That thought takes me back to the WoW forums and the masses of people claiming that 2.0 would come after 1.9, some even so sure of themselves that they would lash out and call people morons for suggesting that 1.10 would follow 1.9, and that 2.0 would only come when the expansion came out. It's not a decimal point. It's a dot.

Badesumofu

Sentinel

July 4th, 2009, 04:43
Originally Posted by Badesumofu View Post
Does it seem odd to anyone else that he doesn't understanding how versioning works?

Unless you've completely overhauled the program, the patch after 1.9 should be 1.10. That thought takes me back to the WoW forums and the masses of people claiming that 2.0 would come after 1.9, some even so sure of themselves that they would lash out and call people morons for suggesting that 1.10 would follow 1.9, and that 2.0 would only come when the expansion came out. It's not a decimal point. It's a dot.
I'd never call anyone a "moron" for not being able to count but I think you are wrong, too . It should always be like this…

1.09 —-> 1.10
1.9 —-> 2.0

Moriendor

Spielkind

July 4th, 2009, 08:57

…which is what's commonly used as a decimal, at least in programming but probably in other places as well. 1.9=1.90=1.900=1.9(n*0). It's followed by 2.0. I see your line of reasoning, but the prequel of 1.10 is 1.09, not 1.9.

By the way, I have to say we're really debating the interesting parts of the patch here!

Übereil

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

H. L. Mencken

The Chaos Cascade

Ubereil

Keeper of the Watch

July 4th, 2009, 18:06
I agree with Badesumofu, since the period is not (usually) a decimal point in the case of software it makes perfect sense for 1.10 to follow after 1.9, since 2.0 implied it's a new major version, while 1.10 is an upgraded 1.x. A more minor change would instead be 1.9.1 etc, it's nothing strange with this.

Toaster

Sentinel

July 4th, 2009, 21:24
I treat it like a decimal point in my software, at least between major and minor versions. Then I usually do another period followed by a build number or build date. So to me 1.9 == 1.90. I dislike it when people go from 1.9 to 1.10.
Originally Posted by Ubereil View Post
By the way, I have to say we're really debating the interesting parts of the patch here!
Ain't it the truth. Although one can only say how much we appreciate Wesp's work so many times. I've tried to keep it to just once per major version number. Aw heck. Yey, Wesp.

Guhndahb

Sentinel

July 5th, 2009, 05:38
It's not a decimal. It looks like one, but it's not. It is correct to go from 1.9 to 1.10.

Patch 1.90 would be the 90th major patch.

Generally when something is released, it will be "1.0". If the developper then releases a minor revision, maybe just correct a few typos in dialouge, or maybe some small balance tweaks, it would be "1.0.1". Then a month later, they release a substantial patch which fixes several bugs, adds some new abilities for a couple of classes that were considered underpowered, it would be "1.1". If they keep releasing patches and get to "1.9", and do another patch it will be "1.10". Then "1.11", "1.12" etc. It will not go to "2.0" unless they release a major expansion, or overhaul the engine or something. The way Wesp does it is misleading and wrong.

This is not just my opinion, or how I think it ought to be, this is fact. Of course it will be a little subjective sometimes what constitutes a major patch or a minor revision, or whether an expansion means going to version "2.0". NWN2 for example is currently at 1.22, with 1.23 in beta. It is not a decimal. It's there so that you can see the difference between "1.23" and "12.3".

Badesumofu

Sentinel

July 5th, 2009, 05:44
Wow…. Is this detail really worth an entire page of this thread?

Wesp can number the damn patch any way he wants afaic. I'm just grateful for the work he's done.

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 6th, 2009, 12:53
There is no wrong way of versioning. You slap a version on your software the way you want. If that is misleading to some people, too bad. Really, there should be some sort of system behind it and the way Badesumofu describes it is one. Doesn't mean that my system of going with 1.91 is "wrong."

I like discussing small and meaningless things into death.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

July 6th, 2009, 17:32
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Wow…. Is this detail really worth an entire page of this thread?

Wesp can number the damn patch any way he wants afaic. I'm just grateful for the work he's done.
My sentiments exactly.

mogwins

Sentinel

July 6th, 2009, 17:55
Everytime new patch is released I want to replay Bloodlines.
Hmmm… it's not only that. Everytime Bloodlines is mentioned I want to replay it.
There must be something wrong with me :\

Konjad

Watch traitor from Codex

July 7th, 2009, 02:03
This is not just my opinion, or how I think it ought to be, this is fact.
No. This is your opinion. It is no more fact than my comments. I think this is a fun, trivial discussion as long as everyone involved accepts that it's completely subjective.

As I said above, I choose to treat it as a decimal point. I realize it is not a decimal point. The reason I have always done so is so that, when sorted lexicographically, the version numbers will be listed sequentially. It's a personal preference with practical advantages. The only downside is the need to choose a number of 0s to pad the value early in a project.

Of course, no part of my opining is aimed at Wesp. As JDR put it so eloquently: "Wesp can number the damn patch any way he wants."

Guhndahb

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » VtM-Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch v6.3