|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Wednesday Updates

Default Divinity 2 - Wednesday Updates

July 3rd, 2009, 12:08
The latest Divinity II updates bring information on the "relentless" warrior Rhodes and the "once famed" Dragon Knight Talana, as well as a podcast from Lead Designer Farhang Namdar introducing Damien.
Finally, Friday will see Act 1 of a suite of new trailers released on the official site - we'll let you know when they go up.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

July 3rd, 2009, 12:08
As a small bonus an answer I recieved from Larian designer Koen :

When I was asked to draw up a div2 goblin, I wanted to have a design which moved away from the typical looks you would expect from these creatures. So I drew these one-eyes beings, with long pointy skulls, but something was still missing. I think it was Swen that came up with the idea to add the glowing eye and veins: the goblins in div2 feed on light, they absorb it and are able to channel it into powerful magic.
It shows a side of the divinity universe I hadn't expected.

It might also explain why the Goblin Shaman seems to consist to a huge part of glowing flesh. My thought was that the more light such a Goblin has "embodied", the more powerful it becomes …

Source : http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthre…&Number=364218

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 3rd, 2009, 12:40
More snippets I just read, posted by Lar himself :

Achievements are obligatory on the Xbox360 so we figured it might be nice to make them available for PC players also. There's a number of secret achievements and some of them relate to easter eggs.
I actually agree with you though there is one side-benifit, on 360 the achievements allow developers to figure out how far players progressed in the game, leading to all kinds of interesting stats and the unavoidable follow=up discussions.
Source : http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthre…579#Post364579

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

July 3rd, 2009, 21:32
A new trailer can be found on the usual sites.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Wednesday Updates