|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Conan - Focus of Funcom/NVIDIA Collaboration

Default Age of Conan - Focus of Funcom/NVIDIA Collaboration

November 28th, 2006, 13:07
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures has taken center stage in the concerted efforts of Funcom and NIVIDA. Together, these two giants of the computer gaming industry have joined forces, putting their considerable weights behind making Age of Conan a featured title for Microsoft Windows Vista as well as NVIDIA’s “The Way It’s Meant To Be Played” program. In addition, we can expect to see the game become fully enhanced for both DX10 and the new line of NVIDIA GeForce 8800 graphic cards.
More information.

Kawika

Watchdog

November 28th, 2006, 13:07
Looking forward to Conan. Loved Anarchy Online and I still play it from time to time so I have great expectations from Funcom.

And I am also buying a new computer mid-december and I will be getting a 8800GTX

Pinhead

Traveler

November 28th, 2006, 15:52
Microsoft will be happy. Another reason for a "must buy vista".

Even now, everyone's telling me "we MUST upgrade ! There is no escape !"

What nonsense !

Of course, the hardware upgrades wheel is spinning round and round … and Microsoft benefits from that. And hardware manufacturers as well, of course,

That's a pro of consoles : No need to upgrade hardware for a platform for a while. No new OS needed.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 28th, 2006, 16:50
Except for the fact that a new console comes out practically once a year…

..& so they take the fiction all out of the Jabberwock & I recognize & accept him as a fact. - Mark Twain, May 30, 1880

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete

November 28th, 2006, 16:54
That's a pro of consoles : No need to upgrade hardware for a platform for a while. No new OS needed.
Can O' Worms bro.

Playstation 1 2 and 3…Xbox and Xbox360…"Nintendo umpteenth incarnation."

Windows 98 to Windows 2000 is 2 years. About 2 or 3 years until Windows XP came out. Vista will be 3 years after that.

Consoles and PCs evolve at exactly the same rate, both according to tried true and tested profit models.

Who made up this illusion that consoles last forever and PCs change constantly?

Reyla

SasqWatch

November 28th, 2006, 18:35
XP has been around for over 5 years now. I think thats longer than any recent console has lasted. Have to go back to the days of the SNES to get an "operating system" for a console that has lasted longer I think. Sure the occasional PS1 game still gets released though!!! Just not in the american market

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

November 29th, 2006, 01:00
On the secondary market, there are still loads of PS1 games out there. And i do often roam these.

Maybe I'll buy a PS2 in the next few years, but my dream is to buy a new Dreamcaster, which can still be found, although in *very* small quataties - in gaming and electronic shops.

Besides, I'm still working with Windows 98SE.
(Having installed Ubuntu 6.10 two days ago.)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Conan - Focus of Funcom/NVIDIA Collaboration