|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Borderlands - Gameplay Trailer

Default Borderlands - Gameplay Trailer

July 25th, 2009, 18:16
As JDR13 pointed out in the forum Gearbox have a new gameplay trailer out for Borderlands.

There's an interview with publisher president Christoph Hartmann on the title at Gamespot.
More information.
woges is offline

woges

woges's Avatar
SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team

#1

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 2,110

Default 

July 25th, 2009, 18:16
my god, this game looks mind-numbingly stupid.

Plz have it be on consoles-only, cause we ARE going to pirate it.
How can one buy a game that's going to be stupid?
Quests.Muin is offline

Quests.Muin

Quests.Muin's Avatar
Watcher

#2

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21

Default 

July 25th, 2009, 18:31
Originally Posted by Quests.Muin View Post
Plz have it be on consoles-only, cause we ARE going to pirate it.
How can one buy a game that's going to be stupid?

I'd have to say that the only thing "stupid" around here at the moment is your post. If you don't like the way the game looks that's fine, but talking about how *you* would "pirate" it is just plain ignorant.
JDR13 is offline

JDR13

JDR13's Avatar
SasqWatch

#3

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida, US
Posts: 18,298

Default 

July 25th, 2009, 18:57
Originally Posted by Quests.Muin View Post
my god, this game looks mind-numbingly stupid.

Plz have it be on consoles-only, cause we ARE going to pirate it.
How can one buy a game that's going to be stupid?
I have no idea the point of this post….what the hell does that even mean?

As to the game itself it looks like some mindless fun…maybe more who knows.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#4

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,097

Default 

July 25th, 2009, 20:53
Game looks sort of amusing, but not really my style.

The pirate comment was a bit out of place, but whatever
DArtagnan is offline

DArtagnan

DArtagnan's Avatar
Waste of potential

#5

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Denmark
Posts: 15,258

Default 

July 25th, 2009, 21:07
The not really cell shaded look is quite interesting looking but the game itself doesn't appeal.

…"that's going to be stupid?"

Its from gearbox software in case you didn't notice. Who are they? A talented developer who makes games better than stupid.
northreign is offline

northreign

SkyPirate

#6

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the Sky
Posts: 246

Default 

July 25th, 2009, 21:11
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
The pirate comment was a bit out of place, but whatever
Grog! Yo-ho-ho.
northreign is offline

northreign

SkyPirate

#7

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In the Sky
Posts: 246

Default 

July 25th, 2009, 21:29
How can you tell what a game is going to be like when all they release is information about combat.

We know virtually nothing about the story and quest system since (like most companies anymore) they only focus on the combat, graphics, and equipment. Either we will have to wait till later or when the game is released to learn more about most of the game.
guenthar is offline

guenthar

SasqWatch

#8

Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,578
Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

Default 

July 25th, 2009, 23:42
Originally Posted by Quests.Muin View Post
my god, this game looks mind-numbingly stupid.

Plz have it be on consoles-only, cause we ARE going to pirate it.
How can one buy a game that's going to be stupid?
Funny comment - I appreciate it.

As far as the game goes, it looks nothing like what's been hyped in the past. However it looked sorta cool when the 4 heroes were back to back shooting monsters. Still, this looks like a game that I will either have to wait for word of mouth or pick in the oh so common dry spells of RPGs.
Dajjer is offline

Dajjer

Dajjer's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch

#9

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles area
Posts: 1,072

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 00:14
Sorry for the obscure post, ill try to be clearer.

Borderglands *looks like it's gonna be* a really demented game… call it a hunch. It's got all the serious sam + L4D aroma to it.
As of late when a game is this demented they make it a console exclusive, cause only console people are more than willing to buy demented games.
So if the S.Co. mulishly intends to release a demented game on PC that's usually when we warm up our downloading proggies.

I trust it's clearer now, see i was trying to point out the retardations of programmers and console players.

BUT
i'd be more than glad to be prooved fallacious in my above-explained thesis if this turns out to be the new Fallout, what with the 1 million choices+consequences situations and thousands of endings it's going to have between the anatomical part-reminding mutated monsters REALLY "exciting" fights.
Quests.Muin is offline

Quests.Muin

Quests.Muin's Avatar
Watcher

#10

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 00:52
What an ignorant douchebag.
Estel is offline

Estel

Watcher

#11

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 25

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 01:02
Why the hell would you waste your time if the game is stupid and demented?

-= RPGWatch =-
Dhruin is offline

Dhruin

Dhruin's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#12

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11,968

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 01:11
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Why the hell would you waste your time if the game is stupid and demented?
You obviously don't understand the fine art of trolling. I DO believe the game is shit, tho.

I'm out before the stones fly.
Quests.Muin is offline

Quests.Muin

Quests.Muin's Avatar
Watcher

#13

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 01:45
Looking great, not too many co-op games out there, and especially not co-op with RPG elements. I really like the art style too. Hopefully it'll be good.
bemushroomed is offline

bemushroomed

bemushroomed's Avatar
outlander

#14

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 673

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 02:19
Originally Posted by Quests.Muin View Post
Sorry for the obscure post, ill try to be clearer.

Borderglands *looks like it's gonna be* a really demented game… call it a hunch. It's got all the serious sam + L4D aroma to it.
As of late when a game is this demented they make it a console exclusive, cause only console people are more than willing to buy demented games.
So if the S.Co. mulishly intends to release a demented game on PC that's usually when we warm up our downloading proggies.

I trust it's clearer now, see i was trying to point out the retardations of programmers and console players.

BUT
i'd be more than glad to be prooved fallacious in my above-explained thesis if this turns out to be the new Fallout, what with the 1 million choices+consequences situations and thousands of endings it's going to have between the anatomical part-reminding mutated monsters REALLY "exciting" fights.
Why is it when you are dealing with the supposed pinacle of rpg enthusiasts they always feel the need to use words that are not commonly used, almost like they need to prove to us they are intelligent. Its weird and quirky and a bit creepy.
rune_74 is offline

rune_74

SasqWatch

#15

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,097

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 02:34
Well, I, for one, will be giving this game a try. Action RPG's can sometimes be fun, and this looks different enough to get my interest.
Santos is offline

Santos

Ass-hat

#16

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 573

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 03:16
Hee hee. I like to shoot things with my friends, ESPECIALLY if we get to level up.
Yeesh is offline

Yeesh

Yeesh's Avatar
Hopeless Curmudgeon

#17

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: too poor for Manhattan
Posts: 374

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 05:29
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I'd have to say that the only thing "stupid" around here at the moment is your post. If you don't like the way the game looks that's fine, but talking about how *you* would "pirate" it is just plain ignorant.
Pirates are teh ones who are mostly responsible for any negative PC gaming trend, I feel no shame calling pirates unabashed idiots and THANKS for ruining our genre!

As for the game, I like the stylized graphics and will have some nice fun with this simple action-RPG.

— Mike
txa1265 is online now

txa1265

txa1265's Avatar
SasqWatch

#18

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corning, NY USA
Posts: 11,542

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 11:55
I am having a lot of fun with Left 4 Dead - 380 multiplayer gaming hours yet. If Borderlands is similar and fun - I'll play it.

Play Left 4 Dead on 'Expert' and it is NOT mindless shooting anymore - you have to use a lot of different tactics to survive.

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong. - HL Mencken
HiddenX is online now

HiddenX

HiddenX's Avatar
The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Donor

#19

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NRW/Germany
Posts: 4,590

Default 

July 26th, 2009, 13:14
Originally Posted by Quests.Muin View Post
You obviously don't understand the fine art of trolling. I DO believe the game is shit, tho.
No, not really. Seems as much a waste of time as playing a game you think is stupid.

-= RPGWatch =-
Dhruin is offline

Dhruin

Dhruin's Avatar
Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

#20

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 11,968
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Borderlands - Gameplay Trailer
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:57.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright by RPGWatch