|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Reviews

Default Divinity 2 - Reviews

August 3rd, 2009, 19:06
Two more reviews in German popped up; Looki rated it with 82% and Krawall with 81%.
The same negative points are noted as before (story, remote combat, lacking quest and map info and some balancing issues), but the positive points outweighs the negative (and the patches might even remove some of them).
Furthermore Sevengames.de did a video review of Divinity 2 where they liked what they saw and recommended the game to any RPG player. The game is covered in the first 6 minutes of the video.

More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 3rd, 2009, 19:06
The same negative points are noted as before (story, remote combat, lacking quest and map info and some balancing issues), …
That's strange about lacking quest and map info when during development the developers heavily touted their quest system… one would have thought quest info would NOT be lacking.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

August 3rd, 2009, 19:39
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
That's strange about lacking quest and map info when during development the developers heavily touted their quest system… one would have thought quest info would NOT be lacking.
Strangely enough I have not yet found a quest lacking in information.

Roi Danton

Sentinel

August 3rd, 2009, 20:59
I think with lacking quest information they mean there is not a big green arrow pointing at what you should do, a bunch of markerrs on the map, and a compass showing how to get there, and an entry into your journal saying

"deliver the apple to Golob:

To deliver the apple press the secret button on the earth globe to open the secret door to Golobs hide out walk down the first corridor to the left to find Golob and give him the apple. "

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch

August 3rd, 2009, 21:44
Originally Posted by GothicGothicness View Post
I think with lacking quest information they mean there is not a big green arrow pointing at what you should do, a bunch of markerrs on the map, and a compass showing how to get there, and an entry into your journal saying

"deliver the apple to Golob:

To deliver the apple press the secret button on the earth globe to open the secret door to Golobs hide out walk down the first corridor to the left to find Golob and give him the apple. "
yes, apparently the game doesn't play itself for you

Melvil

Super Duper Super Sweet

August 3rd, 2009, 22:24
Originally Posted by Roi Danton View Post
Strangely enough I have not yet found a quest lacking in information.
What do you think the reviewers are talking about then when they say that quest info is 'lacking?'

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

August 3rd, 2009, 22:43
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
What do you think the reviewers are talking about then when they say that quest info is 'lacking?'
I actually don't know. I played the game for about ten or twelve hours and I could complete every quest I encountered by (a) Listening to to the guy giving the quest (b) exploring the game world and (c) reading the the quest log.

And I did not have to do the last one very often.

Roi Danton

Sentinel

August 3rd, 2009, 23:22
When playing a preview version in June I too felt that the quest log could hold a bit more information. I never take notes and I always solve quests in parallel. So I collect as many quests I can find in an area before solving them. After a few hours (or even days) I forgot what bit of information I happen to remember belongs to what quest again and if it was east or west of the mountain I had to search for it and what the name of that guy was again and stuff like that. A bit more information would have been welcome.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 4th, 2009, 04:05
Originally Posted by Roi Danton View Post
I actually don't know. I played the game for about ten or twelve hours and I could complete every quest I encountered by (a) Listening to to the guy giving the quest (b) exploring the game world and (c) reading the the quest log. And I did not have to do the last one very often.
Well that's good to hear. Let me ask you this if you don't mind. Is the quest log information sufficient to the extent that you could stop playing the game part way through, then say perhaps a year later continue on?

While Oblivion was over-the-top with the hand-holding of its quest information system, one aspect of it that I really appreciate is how easily I can continue on in that game after many months of not playing it.

I played about 30% of G3 then stopped for quite literaly a year. I tried to continue on from my saved game point and was just totally lost so I started all over again.

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Reviews