|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen - Gimli, Gollum and Pratchett Confirmed

Default Risen - Gimli, Gollum and Pratchett Confirmed

August 12th, 2009, 01:28
Maybe the publisher simply wasn't fond of the original dialogues? For me, the dialogues in Gothic were never one of its strong sides.

Ausir

SasqWatch

August 12th, 2009, 10:30
The Gothic series are one of my favorites, though the English translations did seem to suffer in the transition, from the original German version. I am glad to see PB & DS taking translations seriously.

Something interesting, when I visited the Risen site at DS, they give PB first credits, which kicks ass. I most often see publishers taking first titles, I remember the old publisher had no problem putting their name before PB, who did all the work.

Good work Deep Silver.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

August 12th, 2009, 19:25
Hey, we're on Blue's.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

August 13th, 2009, 14:16
Couldn't believe he missed it, great thread. I actually sent it to him on Tuesday but his email system crashed and I had to send it again Wednesday morning.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen - Gimli, Gollum and Pratchett Confirmed