|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - Combat Demo Comments

Default Age of Decadence - Combat Demo Comments

August 13th, 2009, 01:04
…from Annie Carlson, no less. Annie has posted a point-by-point critique from some time with the still in development Age of Decadence combat demo, which will no doubt lead to lots more polishing before we get to play with it. The list is too long to print here but here is her summary:
Overall, please donít let this tone mislead you. The base format of the combat I find very fun and interesting, the world looks great, and Iím impressed with the dialogue (the fight barks get a little repetitive and Brian said that they had good curses in the HBO series Rome that mostly apparently had to do with dogs, pigs, and peopleís mothers, and I suggested the phrase ďa sweaty swineís foreskinĒ as a fun little starter curse. Hee. I like to say bad things). I wanted to run around and check out a larger world, and the demo made me crave this experience keenly. I think there are a lot of things that need to be worked out with the combat to make it more challenging than frustrating, difficult but not overly punishing. But I think those are definitely easily within the realm of possibility, and Iím looking forward to seeing that happen.
More information.

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 13th, 2009, 01:04
Added Gareth Fouche's and Brian Mitsoda's demo feedback. Same thread.

VDweller

Watchdog

August 13th, 2009, 12:16
You have some seriously badass game testers there. All of the posts were informative and well thought out, especially Mitsoda's — even though I got a whiff of screaming frustration due to bad luck there.

Looking forward to this more by the day.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

August 13th, 2009, 12:53
I liked Annies. You could feel her frustration. I think Annie wanted to kill/maim/toture that crossbow man.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

August 13th, 2009, 13:32
Some very nice insights there … definitely looking forward to this!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Age of Decadence - Combat Demo Comments