Gothic 3 - CP v1.73 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Despite previous claims, a new Gothic 3 Community Patch has been released, adding more features. From the World of Gothic announcement:
Announcing Community Patch 1.73
Surprise! there will be one more Community Patch.
s_004.gif

The original reason for this was to offer the modders somewhat more and to add some tools which should help modders with their work. Still in the meantime the modkit for G3 and G3FG has been announced, we decided not to include any tools anymore.

Some of us have had a good mind to change some things which couldn't create anymore in previous CP 1.7x versions.

Release: estimated in September
Patch: Full-Patch only, NO Update-Patch

Changelog:

• + HDR Rendering.
  • + Improved bloom effect.
  • - Bug corrected where audio system always cached out sound even if property said "no".
  • + Some Info/Quest commands added.
  • - Saturas now also hands out his key when the hero first talks to him after exploring Al Shedim.
  • - Texture/Shadow/Light flickering (usually occurs on ATI HD4xxx serie cards) eliminated.
  • + Leaf subsurface scattering (only with activated Rim Lighting and Shader 3.0)
  • + Heat haze (at minimum Shader 2.0; always on; exception: few fire places because of recompiling the world).
  • - Mana recipe icon corrected.- Faraway trees project terrain shadows corrected.
More information.

Despite previous claims, a new Gothic 3 Community Patch has been released, adding more features. From the World of Gothic announcement:
Correction:It hasn't been released yet.
Release: estimated in September

If they fix this one I can finally play Gothic 3, now it's unplayable with all the flickering.

- Texture/Shadow/Light flickering (usually occurs on ATI HD4xxx serie cards) eliminated.

it looks like Gothic 3 won't have a ride into the sunset quietly. :)

Yep, I smell a new Vampire: Bloodlines.
May be we need a poll: Which is the most popular fan-improved game?

For me VTM:BL is still in front of G3, which is second.

(And don't dare to mention Oblivion here.)

Last edited:
...and why not? ^

I'll say Morrowind then ;)

System Shock 2 otherwise (if Bethesda cant be mentioned for some odd reason). Playing it again, it has aged better than any other game i can remember, far better than the Thief series. It's supposed to look quite sterile so the graphics still works for me. The Thief series hasnt aged as well, doesnt work as well for the medieval setting..

Are there any texture packs for VTM:BL?

...and why not? ^

I'll say Morrowind then ;)

System Shock 2 otherwise (if Bethesda cant be mentioned for some odd reason). Playing it again, it has aged better than any other game i can remember, far better than the Thief series. It's supposed to look quite sterile so the graphics still works for me. The Thief series hasnt aged as well, doesnt work as well for the medieval setting..

Are there any texture packs for VTM:BL?
SS2 doesn't count, because it is already good without fan patches. I meant only games, which are playable only because of the fan patches (rethinking this: ok you areallowed to mention Oblivion here :p ) or at least much better because of them.

Regarding VTM:BL I don't know texture packs, on the other hand I never had an issue with the graphics. I like, how colourful and NOT dark and gritty it is (contrasting the vampire theme). I only know of the content-restoring patch(es).

ah then i get what you mean. VTM:BL textures are very blurry, maybe it was just some error though (installed it under vista x64 some time ago), i might install it again just to see if they've improved under W7 x86.

yeah i actualy googled it after i wrote that, and i found out that several people had that problem, so i'll research it a bit more..

yeah i actualy googled it after i wrote that, and i found out that several people had that problem, so i'll research it a bit more..

I really liked exploring the G3 world though I don't think I have it in me to do the main quest a 2nd time. Just not interesting enough and too repetitive.

Back
Top Bottom