|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect - Pinnacle Station Issues

Default Mass Effect - Pinnacle Station Issues

August 27th, 2009, 13:19
A number of sites are pointing out threads on the official and Steam forums that indicate problems with the recently released but never announced Pinnacle Station DLC. Apparently Pinnacle Station conflicts with Bring Down the Sky, with some users fixing the problem by re-buying Bring Down the Sky for another $5. a brief acknowledgement from BioWare QA guy, Jack Lamden:
This post is going to be short and sweet since I don't have much information at this point.

We're looking into this issue at the moment and are working to resolve it as quickly as we can.

I don't have an ETA for a fix as of yet.
More information.

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

August 27th, 2009, 13:19
Only on PC, I presume. I found no problems with Pinnacle Station and Bring Down The Sky both installed on Xbox 360.

Thaurin

SasqWatch

August 27th, 2009, 13:28
with some users fixing the problem by re-buying Bring Down the Sky for another $5.

I think they must be talking about the Xbox. Bring Down the Sky is free on the PC.

JDR13

SasqWatch

August 27th, 2009, 21:24
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
by re-buying Bring Down the Sky for another $5
Seriously. Its a bit better than buying horse armor but not by much.

northreign

SkyPirate

August 29th, 2009, 18:57
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
I think they must be talking about the Xbox. Bring Down the Sky is free on the PC.
Yeah, it seems that it is a problem that many, but not all, xbox users with both ad-dons are experiencing.

I won some Microsoft points on 1v100 so I ended up getting this. I had the same problem described above, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't charged to re-download the older expansion. I just went into the utilities and purchase history and had it re-download it.

Oh yeah, unless you have extra microsoft points you can't think of anything better to spend them on or someone gives you some, don't bother with this. It is not as bad as horse armor since it contains actually new gameplay and wasn't announced or advertised (showing Bioware at least has some humility about how unimpressive it is compared to Bethesda) but it is still pretty sad. IGN actually, surprisingly, did a pretty good and scathing review of it.

jhwisner

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Mass Effect - Pinnacle Station Issues