|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen - Gone Gold!

Default Risen - Gone Gold!

September 19th, 2009, 10:23
Deep Silver's blog. Click on a couple of flags and you should see several "gold" posts.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

September 19th, 2009, 10:29
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
oooh. I peed a little.
your are not the only one…

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

September 19th, 2009, 10:40
Good news. Looking back now, things seemed to turn pretty well for Piranha Bytes. They got a new deal pretty fast after they quit working for JoWood and now are shipping a new game on schedule.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope the game doesn't have much bugs.

Surlent

On ghost mode

September 19th, 2009, 14:18
Official statement at WoR:

Update for the X360 version of Risen in the USA
Dear fans,

We've released a press announcement yesterday evening with the information that the Xbox 360 version of Risen for the USA will be delayed. First I would like to add that this is a purely strategic decision since we do have a RTM* certificate from Microsoft USA and Microsoft Europe for Risen, and secondly I would like to point out that this will of course not affect the release of the PC version or any other market outside of the USA. The US market is currently very volatile because of the financial crisis and it certainly hit the retailers to a degree where they have to take decisions which we do not want to support for our product. So we decided to delay the release until 2010 since we believe that time will heal the wounds. I know that this will cause some grief for all those fans who eagerly awaited the game for their console in October, but we would like to do a proper launch without all the interference of the market and I'm sorry for diappointments caused. In the meantime please consider taking a look at the PC version if you can't wait to expirience Risen

rgds,
doberlec
doberlec is the DS brand manager for Risen.
All emphases and typos are his.
The missing * means: "RTM = Ready to Manufacture"
He mentioned in his similar German post that DS is in the process of finalising a deal with a big online distributor.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

September 19th, 2009, 15:26
Thanks for passing that on, Gorath. Some people are worrying that the delay for the 360 meant that the 360 was bug-riddled and broken. A similar delay happened to Two Worlds, and we know how that worked out. So maybe this will set their minds at ease somewhat.

Anderson

Consolized

September 19th, 2009, 17:24
Amazing

If i wasn't sickened from the G3 experience my hopes would have been even higher - that's also the reason that i am looking forward to DA:O more… but let's hope.

Vorpal

Traveler

September 19th, 2009, 17:33
Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
Amazing

If i wasn't sickened from the G3 experience my hopes would have been even higher - that's also the reason that i am looking forward to DA:O more… but let's hope.
Well I expect big bugs and some general issues. Thats standard nowadays but hopefully the game behind it will be brilliant and not like G3.

souha13

Watchdog

September 19th, 2009, 17:47
I want a new rig!!! NOW NOW NOW !!!
So that I can start playing Risen.
Need to pee very hard

This is my way of the Ninja: I never take back my word

titus

Substitute Shinigami

Send a message via MSN to titus

September 19th, 2009, 17:48
[voice=Inquisitor]

Finally, it begins!

[/voice]

Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
The PC versions (UK and US unconfirmed) will include a soundtrack CD.
Yum!

Krzychu

Sentinel

September 19th, 2009, 18:41
Originally Posted by titus View Post
Need to pee very hard
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
oooh. I peed a little.
Does this game cause incontinence? They really should put a warning label on it if it does.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

September 19th, 2009, 22:10
If people really want the Xbox 360 version in the US they could always import it since it is likely not region locked.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

September 19th, 2009, 23:10
Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
If people really want the Xbox 360 version in the US they could always import it since it is likely not region locked.
That right? I've never tried that. I don't know that I would bother, seeing as I'll be preoccupied with Borderlands 10/20 then Dragon Age 11/3, but it's a good option in case the US publishing deal falls through entirely.

Anderson

Consolized

September 20th, 2009, 03:50
Woo hoo, PB is back, baby!

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

September 20th, 2009, 14:32
So they did manage to get most people hyped up….
I'm still looking at this game with a skeptical eye on. Gothic III was a big disappointment to me compared to the other two games. I bought the game almost immediately after it came out, which I almost never do, not even since I was a young, young kid. I had to wait two years to play the game and even then it didn't compare to GI or GII. All in all a good game, but I yet have to finish it.

I'm a much more casual gamer than what I think most people on these forums here are, but I still think you guys should hold your breaths a tiny little bitl longer before declaring victory.

GIII looked amazing till people actually tried playing it.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

September 20th, 2009, 15:29
Originally Posted by Pladio View Post
GIII looked amazing till people actually tried playing it.
That is not entirely true. I followed G3's developement closely and there were many warning signs visible. The developers claimed not to have finalised the spell system only a few months prior to the original release date - of course the game was delayed for a year after that. Gameplay videos shortly before the release showed the glaring flaws in the combat system, broken spells, missing perks and many other details. Of course you couldn't see the entire mess, but there were so many signs that something went terribly wrong in the development of the game.
In Germany at least, you could literally feel the developers scrambling to finish the game for the final deadline.
Of course I didn't want to see it. I feverently hoped that all the flaws visible in the most recent videos and screenshots would be fixed, the balancing done and everything we hadn't seen yet would turn out awesome.

As for Gothic, we'll see how it turned out soon. No need to speculate now.

Superguest

Traveler

September 20th, 2009, 15:34
Pre-ordered it now, I can't wait!

Toaster

Sentinel

September 20th, 2009, 15:52
Originally Posted by Superguest View Post
That is not entirely true. I followed G3's developement closely and there were many warning signs visible. The developers claimed not to have finalised the spell system only a few months prior to the original release date - of course the game was delayed for a year after that. Gameplay videos shortly before the release showed the glaring flaws in the combat system, broken spells, missing perks and many other details. Of course you couldn't see the entire mess, but there were so many signs that something went terribly wrong in the development of the game.
In Germany at least, you could literally feel the developers scrambling to finish the game for the final deadline.
Of course I didn't want to see it. I feverently hoped that all the flaws visible in the most recent videos and screenshots would be fixed, the balancing done and everything we hadn't seen yet would turn out awesome.

As for Gothic, we'll see how it turned out soon. No need to speculate now.
I think most people were hyped still to the extent of buying a very flawed game when it cameo out with no regard to your above statement.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor

Send a message via MSN to Pladio

September 20th, 2009, 16:40
Your right to be cautious if that's how you feel, I have/do certainly feel that way before about some games. There is and was such a shortage of well done RPGs and PB is one of the few that can Repeatedly put out quality. It's clear to me they had a big and bold vision for G3, but the former (unnameable) publisher got in the way with greed, poor management and I hope they NEVER recover in the industry for stealing PBs IP.

I support PB, NOT becasue they are perfect but becasue I know they can do amazing work, if they are allow to finish a game. Or their IP isn't STOLEN from them by a greedy, incompetent and pathetic publisher. PB are some of the hardest and most talented developers in the industry and I hope they are successful.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

September 20th, 2009, 23:12
Pre-ordered, locked, and loaded!!!!!

elkston

Sentinel

September 21st, 2009, 02:09
I never pre-order games, but I'll be getting up early that day.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen - Gone Gold!