|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Good Old Games - Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 Now Available

Default Good Old Games - Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 Now Available

September 24th, 2009, 21:22
Good Old Games adds two more classic rpg's to their catalogue with Realms of Arkania:Blade of Destiny and its sequel ROA2: Star Trail. The third installment, Shadows over Riva is slated for a future release. Price for the two-game bundle is $5.99.
Here's the announcement:
The Realms of Arkania 1+2 pack consists of the games Blade of Destiny and Star Trail. They're both role playing games, based on an actual pen-and-paper RPG system. Similar to the Ishar or Might and Magic series, the games let you lead a party of characters through a 3D environment of towns and dungeons. What makes this game unique among other RPGs are its turn-based combat system, which uses an isometric view and an extensive and detailed statistics system that defines every hero. Both games offer you days of gameplay and, once you finish Blade of Destiny, you can export your party to its sequels. Both games are solid titles in their own right and must-haves for any fan of classic RPG games.
and game overview:
An epic RPG based on the popular German paper & pencil series, "Das Schwarze Auge" (The Dark Eye). Games that draw you in so deeply that the hours slip by like minutes.

The atmospheric old-school feel, interesting game system and character development are fun, but the real strength of this games lies in their cool dungeons, which are chock full of tricks, traps, puzzles, and side events to keep you occupied for a long, long time.
For the download page, click here.
More information.
Last edited by magerette; September 24th, 2009 at 23:34. Reason: typo

magerette

Hedgewitch
RPGWatch Team

September 24th, 2009, 21:22
exquisite games.
wish i had speretime to replay & possibly finish them.
________
The simpsons forums
Last edited by baron; April 28th, 2011 at 10:17.

baron

Custom User Title

September 24th, 2009, 21:23
Nice News !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 24th, 2009, 23:27
I had grabbed all three CD versions based on folks here … but never installed them, and now grabbed these!

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

September 25th, 2009, 03:05
I still have the trilogy. This offer is great for people who don't own it, but I've never had any problem loading and playing 1 and 2. Even 3 is pretty easy to install and run.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
RPGWatch Team

September 25th, 2009, 04:52
Great deal for people who don't like having to mess around with DOSBox.

JDR13

SasqWatch

September 25th, 2009, 14:23
I grabbed a boxed trilogy deluxe set with printed map and manual. Character creation alone seems complex so I prefer a printed rulebook.

Abandonsites need to remove these games now.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it." Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

September 25th, 2009, 20:04
These were some great games for the time. Only thing I didn't like was when I transferred my party of characters from Blade of Destiny to Star Trail, the characters all had the geek faces once the transfer was completed(supposedly this only happened to some of the people who transferred, not everyone). There was a patch put out that was supposed to fix this, but the patch did not work for me. Can't help wondering why a programmer working on Star Trail put that in there intentionally(hope he got fired for that stunt), and what triggers it, since not all people who transferred triggered the geek face problem.
Can't help wondering if they ever put out a new patch to fix the problem, since the old one didn't work(at least it didn't for me).
The solution for me was to just not use the party of transferred characters from Blade of Destiny(couldn't stand to look at the geek faces for weeks it took to finish the entire game), and just use a cheat program/editor to create a new powerful party for Star Trail with normal looking faces.

The Hulk

Watchdog

September 25th, 2009, 20:38
Hm, couldn't you change the portraits even after you imported a game? And if you are using an editor, can't you use it to change the portraits of your own party?

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

September 26th, 2009, 03:15
At the time, I could not change the portraits of the imported characters(if there was a way, I never found it but would like to know if a way exists). The editor/cheat program could not change portraits on characters that were already created. But if such an editor exists that can change portraits of already established characters, I'd like to know about that too.

The Hulk

Watchdog

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Good Old Games - Realms of Arkania 1 & 2 Now Available