|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Alpha Protocol - Preview @ Bit-tech

Default Alpha Protocol - Preview @ Bit-tech

September 28th, 2009, 15:44
We don't know the real status of Alpha Protocol but, in the meantime, Bit-tech has a pretty encouraging preview:
The dialog system itself is aesthetically similar to Mass Effectís, with each spoke on the conversation wheel representing the attitude and approach of the three most famous spies in the world. While there are extra options added in for most situations, the standard selection is the manipulating suaveness of James Bond, the brutal efficiency of Jason Bourne or the desperate aggression of Jack Bauer. Itís a shame there isnít an option for Our Man Flint based around using his trademark cigarette lighter to solve every problem.

In this case, the options we were given involved executing the now-defenseless girl, bullying information out of her or turning her loose. Opting for the third, we were then fast-forwarded to a later encounter with the head of one of the bigger in-game factions, who the girl worked for. He thanked us for releasing her and offered to form an alliance as way of thanks Ė options that would not be available had we killed or tortured her.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

September 28th, 2009, 15:44
One with a Matt Helm who solves everything with a bourbon or Austin Powers could break in to song and dance?

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch

September 29th, 2009, 04:39
{Sigh} If the game were really coming out on time, Sega would be screaming it to anyone with an email address. Though Amazon.com is still saying October 27. (Yes, Octoboer of THIS year.)

Gamestop is still saying June 2010, though. (Strategy guide comes out Wednesday.)

Steam says October.

Sega's website still says October 6th - jeez that's pathetic. Somebody forget to tell "the web guys"?

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

September 29th, 2009, 04:49
Oh well, Risen and DA will keep me plenty occupied. Whenever this comes out, I'll consider it a bonus

Badesumofu

Sentinel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Alpha Protocol - Preview @ Bit-tech