|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age: Origins » DA Specialized Class Skill Speculations

Default DA Specialized Class Skill Speculations

October 15th, 2009, 03:51
Folks over at DA forum has uncovered the skill descriptions for the Specialized Classes in DA.

Thread link

Spoiler

More detailed speculation can be found on Page 4 of that thread. Blood mages looks very interesting indeed. No wonder templars were created to destroy them.

Avoid the Crazy Chicken. It is childish. Don't do it. We beg you.

leth

Watchdog

October 15th, 2009, 11:52
Based on the listed classes - i am thinking of building a party of 2 mages, 1 rogue and an fighter. One mage specialized in healing, another in summoning for helping the tank in close combat. Will further looking into this when the game released

Remus

Antihero

October 15th, 2009, 15:58
Originally Posted by leth View Post
Folks over at DA forum has uncovered the skill descriptions for the Specialized Classes in DA.

Thread link

Spoiler

More detailed speculation can be found on Page 4 of that thread. Blood mages looks very interesting indeed. No wonder templars were created to destroy them.
Don't know why you put that in 'spoilers'. That's as much as spoiler as having the player's handbook for D&D. It's basic character info.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is

October 15th, 2009, 19:24
I rather be safe than sorry. Besides, the spoiler tag make the post nice and compressed, which is a good thing.

In other news, hot on the heels of discovered Specialized skills, folks over at DA forum has discovered spell combos that are listed in DA's Codex:

I must say that I am impressed with these combos, they are more creative than I expected. This is one area of the game that could be greatly expanded by mods.

Spoiler

Avoid the Crazy Chicken. It is childish. Don't do it. We beg you.

leth

Watchdog

October 16th, 2009, 00:50
Well that certainly adds more fun and strategy to the combat sessions in DA. I guess enemy would able to do the same on your party

Remus

Antihero

October 16th, 2009, 13:53
How do you achieve such specialized classes? Similar to Mass Effect where you get a progress based choice at some point? I've seen no mention of it during character creation at least.

If this is indeed correct, the replay value just went up significantly.

Edit: Nevermind, I got the information I needed from the DA wiki. Very interesting stuff. Made my choices a whole lot harder - Shapeshifter, Blood Mage and Templar look the most interesting to me.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age: Origins » DA Specialized Class Skill Speculations