|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - Interview @ GameSpot

Default The Witcher 2 - Interview @ GameSpot

October 4th, 2009, 10:41
Prime Junta; Like you say the improvising is what restricts cRPG's. That's why i dont think storybased RPG's are that interesting, and so far, i havent been THAT impressed by the story or characters or dialogue in RPG's (no where near book/movie quality).

You're correct that it's really not my type of game, but i was still interested enough to play it, thus i think i have the right to tell my point of view.

About Dragon Age, i dont think it will be anything close to TES, Bioware has never created neither a jump/climb or a dive function in their games, so exploring is always limited. I would be very surprised to see that. Bioware is not known for evolving
Last edited by bemushroomed; October 4th, 2009 at 11:53.

bemushroomed

outlander

October 4th, 2009, 13:38
I'm not taking issue with your telling your point of view. I am taking issue with your characterization of sandbox games as "real" RPG's and story-driven semi-linear games as somehow lesser games and not "real" RPG's. As in:

I'd say Wither is a much more simplified way of playing RPG's.. Its not even a real RPG since you dont really have a choice of what character you want to be, you're a Witcher, the devs has decided that, not you.
That is, IMO, inaccurate as well as being unnecessarily insulting to people who also enjoy that style of game.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

October 4th, 2009, 17:05
If you like an good story, and love story driven RPGs, then Sandbox RPGs as bemushroomed seam to like, extremely boring.

Then again, its’s a matter of taste and personal likens, something you can, agree on.

Phonix

Watchdog

October 4th, 2009, 21:14
Prime Junta, that remark was meant for those saying TES series etc arent real rpg's but boring action games. Quite clearly they dont have the imagination or creativity to play those game as they are meant to be played. Play them as survival/live-a-virtual-life-RPG, then maybe i can allow you to judge them

When i was a kid there was these books you could "play".. you made different choices and you skipped forward to a certain page depending on your choice. Some of the kids i knew loved those, personally i hated them. I guess im still the same.

bemushroomed

outlander

October 4th, 2009, 21:31
It's a good thing that games like TES series exists since you enjoy them and it's a good thing that games like the WITCHER exists since i enjoy it.We are all happy and i think it has been proved that this kind of conversation leads to dead end.

akarthis

Sentinel

October 4th, 2009, 21:54
Maybe someone is intrested.
Witcher 2 gameplay video: http://www.hardwired.hu/dl2.php?id=6611&dl=1

szokol

Watchdog

October 4th, 2009, 22:30
Originally Posted by bemushroomed View Post
Prime Junta, that remark was meant for those saying TES series etc arent real rpg's but boring action games. Quite clearly they dont have the imagination or creativity to play those game as they are meant to be played. Play them as survival/live-a-virtual-life-RPG, then maybe i can allow you to judge them
Ah. Tit-for-tat. I see.

For the record, I greatly enjoy good sandbox games. However, they're pretty rare IMO, and good sandbox *role-playing* games are rarer still. The only ones I've really enjoyed are Fallout 1, Gothic 2, and Morrowind; I sorta kinda enjoyed Gothic 3, Fallout 2, and Fallout 3, and I thought the role-playing in Oblivion was so paper-thin that it barely even qualifies.

When i was a kid there was these books you could "play".. you made different choices and you skipped forward to a certain page depending on your choice. Some of the kids i knew loved those, personally i hated them. I guess im still the same.
So it appears.

For what it's worth, I loved 'em.

Prime Junta

RPGCodex' Little BRO

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » The Witcher 2 - Interview @ GameSpot