NWN2 - Final v1.03 Patch Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
According to Obsidian's Nathaniel Chapman, the final NWN2 v1.03 patch has been released and should be available through the Autoupdater. Those who tried the beta patch will need to roll back to v1.02 before updating - full patch notes and links to the rollback files are available in this thread. Since the notes are so enormous, here's a snip of just the new features:
Neverwinter Nights 2 – Version 1.03 Patch Notes

New Features
General
• Weapon combos in hotbar: Added the ability to set up dual weapon, weapon & shield, or weapon & torch combos in the hotbar. Clicking the hotbar button for a weapon you already have equipped will unequip it.
• Camera Changes: We’ve made a series of camera changes to this version:
o New options for adjusting sensitivity for controlling the camera by keyboard, mouse, and edge of screen.
o Chase Cam adjusted to work more like NWN1.
o In free cam mode, the arrow keys now pan the camera, and holding down CTRL will zoom and yaw the camera.
o Added bindable keyboard key for mouse look / camera control. This mimics functionality of pressing down the middle mouse button for those without a middle mouse button.
• Graphics Optimizations: A number of new graphics optimizations have been added:
o Anti-Aliasing Support: Anti-aliasing is now supported and can be enabled in the Options Menu. Please note: This could significantly affect frame rate, depending on your hardware.
o Shadow Rendering: Shadow rendering speed has been improved.
o Tree Rendering: Speed improvements to the rendering of trees.
o Water Rendering: Speed improvements to how water is rendered by the engine.
• New Options:
o Buy/Sell Confirmation: You can now turn off the buy/sell confirmation dialog.
o Options menu has been reorganized to support many new camera control options.
o You can now change keybindings in game.
• Database Support:
o The database script functions from NWN1 have been re-enabled. They are now significantly faster in many cases.
More information.

Execellent news, thanks Dhruin. :)

Why the hell did they shorten the action queue to 18 actions? Were warlocks not enough of a pain in the ass to play?

"Final patch" makes it sound like it's the last patch for the game, instead of merely the latest one.

"Final patch" makes it sound like it's the last patch for the game, instead of merely the latest one.

No - the terminology is 'Final 1.03 Patch', which they use because they put out public beta patches ... so it went from 'Beta 1.03 Patch' to 'Final 1.03 Patch'.

I'm finding the window turns far too quickly now; guess I'll have to adjust my settings. I also got a few 10 second freezes I've never seen before and when I exited the game I got a black screen and had to reboot!! All is not gold!!!!

Ouch, did you start a new game or try to continue with an existing Save, if so that is usually bug magnite.
The only thing I noticed was a dip in frame rate once you come out of the house the first time but I had turned water effects to full, so I sorta expected it.

I'm continuing from SG's, I try never to restart a game until I've finished it once!!

Corwin - are you using the 'always follow' mode? Because now you can disable that and do standard chase cam and it is more like NWN 1 - less herky jerky.

It was set to TOP down mode originally!! I didn't change any settings.

What the heck do you queue more than 18 actions for?
Right click on an enemy and press the hotkey assigned to your eldritch blast of choice five or six times. Repeat this for every enemy in sight, and you can ignore your warlock for the rest of the battle. You can't set his eldritch blast as his default attack, so front-loading his actions like this goes a long way toward making the class bearable to play.

Back
Top Bottom