|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen - Release Blitz

Default Risen - Release Blitz

September 30th, 2009, 18:56
As more and more shops everywhere in the world break the street date, Deep Silver still increases the marketing pressure:
  • Official UK launch trailer
  • Risen - The Official Magazine. I have no idea if Deep Silver will make something similar in English, but in German this 46(!) page interactive, downloadable flash magazine is definitely the bomb!
  • A short message by the well known Gothic Rock band Nightwish can apparently be found on the official blog. Since this crappy flash site doesn't load correctly on both browsers and DS didn't bother to make a HTML fallback, I cannot verify this.
  • A sample of the Risen comic included in the CE has been posted by the artist.
  • Not official: Two long combat videos on YouTube. The videos are not that spoilerish. Beware of another video showing the final boss fight though.
  • An interview with game designer Björn Pankratz can be found on iamgamer.de.
  • PC Games will publish a special issue on Risen on Oct. 7th.
Thanks Melvil, SilverSpy and WoR.
More information.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

September 30th, 2009, 18:56
•Risen - The Official Magazine. I have no idea if Deep Silver will make something similar in English, but in German this 46(!) page interactive, downloadable flash magazine is definitely the bomb!
On a tangent note, on page 28 of the Risen manual, there is a brief mention about an Official Risen Strategy Guide.

To raise these treasures, you will need a shovel a good eye and a proper share of luck (or the offi cial strategy guide to Risen, in which the locations of all treasures are noted).
But I've seen no mention of this elsewhere. A brief google for more info on such a strategy guide did not yield anything.

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

September 30th, 2009, 20:33
Originally Posted by TheMadGamer View Post
On a tangent note, on page 28 of the Risen manual, there is a brief mention about an Official Risen Strategy Guide.

But I've seen no mention of this elsewhere. A brief google for more info on such a strategy guide did not yield anything.
There is a German one available from amazon.de, but I know of no plans for an English one. :/

Being a full-on Gothic/PB fan, I went ahead and ordered it anyways, not knowing any German to speak of, just as I had done for Gothic 3.

speon

Traveler

September 30th, 2009, 21:08
Originally Posted by speon View Post
There is a German one available from amazon.de, but I know of no plans for an English one. :/
I was wondering if there would be an English strategy guide since it is mentioned in the English version of their game manual.

After I've played the game, would love to have a Strategy Guide to experience all the things I missed.

If I'm right but there is no wife around to acknowledge it, am I still right?

TheMadGamer

SasqWatch

September 30th, 2009, 21:36
Originally Posted by speon View Post

Being a full-on Gothic/PB fan, I went ahead and ordered it anyways, not knowing any German to speak of, just as I had done for Gothic 3.
That's an enthusiastic conept.

Did you order the G3 strategy guide or the supposedly brilliant The Art of Gothic 3 by PB's (now former) art director?

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

September 30th, 2009, 21:49
That comic book… I want it… now.

Hm, perhaps someone on the forums will be able to summarize the plot of it, later?

Krzychu

Sentinel

September 30th, 2009, 22:35
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
That's an enthusiastic conept.

Did you order the G3 strategy guide or the supposedly brilliant The Art of Gothic 3 by PB's (now former) art director?
Both! …and I find the art book is indeed brilliant. PB has almost single handedly made me wish I had taken German in high school instead of Spanish.

Between the Gothic games, recent releases shuch as The Whispered World and The Book of Unwritten Tales, and even fan undertakings such as the CryEngine MI2 recreation, I often find myself lately having a much greater sense of kinship with and enthusiasm for the current German/European gaming scene than that of the US.

Originally Posted by Krzychu
Hm, perhaps someone on the forums will be able to summarize the plot of it, later?
If I understand correctly, the comic included in the German CE will already be in english. I suspect it will make it online in some fashion down the road.

speon

Traveler

October 1st, 2009, 03:40
I have Risen and it is great so far and is very much like Gothic 2 and is one of the best looking games I have ever played. I don't know why other people say that the combat is easier then Gothic 2 since for me it is more difficult so far. I died 3 times before killing my first boar. The boar would knock down my guard and hit me and it took a lot of hits to kill it. In Gothic 2 I didn't have to use a shield at the beginning of the game like in this game.

guenthar

SasqWatch

Send a message via Skype™ to guenthar

October 1st, 2009, 05:04
Wow, all this stuff out in Germany. If it weren't for this website, all I would have seen of this game would be a few not-so-great trailers.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

October 1st, 2009, 05:09
The next review flood will be more international.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

October 3rd, 2009, 15:04
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
[*]A short message by the well known Gothic Rock band Nightwish can apparently be found on the official blog. Since this crappy flash site doesn't load correctly on both browsers and DS didn't bother to make a HTML fallback, I cannot verify this.
The nightwish video is now on youtube too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuMcJ…layer_embedded

Its not a pure advertisement. Nightwish does play games and read games magazines too. The bearded guy on the video even sent his photo with signature to the local "Pelit"-gamesmag with the message that he is fan of the magazine.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Risen - Release Blitz