Age of Decadence - Peek #1 @ RPG Vault

Dhruin

SasqWatch
RPG Vault has an Age of Decadence Peek, with Iron Tower Studios penning an interesting dev diary that starts off mentioning the time spent recently fine-tuning the graphics then delves into the creation of side-quests:
Believe it or not, designing side quests turned out to be one of the biggest challenges. We knew what we didn't want to see - no pointless "save my kitty" quests, no boring and usually uneventful "FedEx" quests, no heroic "kill some rats in some basement" quests, and no feeling that the entire towns have been waiting for you to show up and solve all their problems. What we didn't know is what we wanted to see, so we tried a lot of different things, and in the end, we decided to go with something like this [...]
More information.

I can't wait for this. The factions and consequences sound great but the text adventure mode sent me into raptures. Climbing walls? Cutting glass with diamonds? Awesome.

I hope they can afford to get some of the 2D art they used for their logo to illustrate these screens. Probably not...but it would be nice.

It really sounds interesting ... one to watch!

I can't wait for this.
Thanks, Dhruin. Your support and interest are very appreciated.

I hope they can afford to get some of the 2D art they used for their logo to illustrate these screens. Probably not...but it would be nice.
Sorry. The artist was hired by a German studio and relocated to Germany (from Canada). Now he is too busy and has no time for "personal" projects. Oh well...

txa1265 said:
It really sounds interesting ... one to watch!
Thanks.

ShadowMoses said:
...i wonder if space rangers inspired it a little?
More than a little.

Do the "Forty Thieves" have to change their name when you join?!
It's an old name from the good ol' days. It doesn't refer to the overall number of thieves in the guild, but to the 40 "kingpins" who used to run the operations in 40 towns.

I cant wait for this to come out. The quests, the bible quote, the Darklands inspiration (am I right ?), what's not to like ? The screenshots look good, too.

...the Darklands inspiration (am I right ?)
You are. I'm a big fan. Even today it's still an amazing game that can shock you with the depth of gameplay, leaving you with nothing but sadness as you realize that games like that will never be made again.

Darklands is my all time favourite. What's sad is that the devs had hoped to do sequels, but it didnt work out, I suppose because the game wasnt a commercial success.

Back
Top Bottom