NWN2 - Review @ RPGDot

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The new RPGDot team has posted a review of NWN2. The score is 9/10 (with 10/10 for value) and here's a snip:
The campaign is very well made and thought out, on the surface it seems to have a lot of variation as to how the storyline plays out, but if you were to delve deeper or play it again with a different character, you would still find yourself doing much the same things. Saying that the campaign is HUGE! I completely forgot the game was split into acts when after quite a way through I was suddenly on Act 2, and here was me thinking I was coming to the end! In all I would say that the campaign lasted me somewhere in the region of 60-100 hours (I lost track of time somewhere during those sleepless nights), although I am a "completionist" type of player who likes to do and get everything possible (annoyingly). So this game will defiantly last the distance in terms of length of the main campaign.
More information.

Anyone from the old dot team on the new? This wasn't a bad review. I notice that dhruin made news posts after this site went up and everyone moved over, was that to be a nice guy and not stick it to jolt as they filled the new team?

Yeah wasnt bad, except for the funny spelling errors. At first I thought maybe he meant to use the word "defiantly" in a creative way, as in the game defies the standard of under 40 hr length of games - "So this game will defiantly last the distance in terms of length of the main campaign."

But later after it has been said to be "defiantly worth the cost" and "defiantly a leap over the original", it was evident that was not the case. He finally came around, and declared it "definitely worth the cost if your pc can run it" in his final roundup. Also spelled the word whether, "weather" :D

I'm not usually a grammar nazi, but gross infractions with a comical bent always get me fidgeting.

At least he didnt give us a NWN or worse yet a D&D history lesson, or try and dazzle us with a load of who's who inside baseball talk before the review proper. Ive started just skipping those in any review I see, and get into the review of the game itself.

Not a terribly good review, but not a particularly bad one either. Just needs a glance from a grammar nazi

You guys are right was a good review. :)
I guess my only comlaint would be too high of score on graphics and sound which I thought were ok but not a 9.
I couldn't complan about the spelling myself xSamhainx, considering I am the possibly one of the worst spellers. :)

No, I've not posted there since the day after we left...and I don't plan to ever post there again. If it appears I have posted, that would be the news comments script kicking in on an "old" newsbit I originally entered.

To my knowledge, there are no "old" staff working with them.

They could use a good Editor.

Our newsposts were published on RPGDot automatically (syndicated from RPGWatch) for two weeks after we left. After that a new team has taken over.

And why should we 'hate them'? I don't even know the new staff (besides some e-mail exchange and a short chat), so there is nothing to hate or dislike about them.

They could use a good Editor.
... or perhaps any editor at all ... that article appears to be the sort of 'self-published' stuff you'd find on a blog - decent enough content, but a quick objective eye could have helped tighten it up quite a bit.

good review. although seeing how most games these days aren't designed with multi-monitor setups in mind, I see little point in wasting more then a sentence on that aspect of the game. or more importantly, having that aspect of any game affect its score in any way.

i was also surprised when i saw "Act 2", thinking that I was already near the end. Enjoying the game greatly, graphics are very very nice and the story seems to progress nicely, without me feeling like i'm wasting time with errands I'd rather skip. worth the price of admission for sure. but definitely not for the Oblivionated ones out there :)

Good think to post a note about RPGDot review. Makes it clear that we are not hating them.

On the other hand ... I think they´re not posting our stuff. Which is good for us. Them being selective will drive readers to us in the long term. ;)

GG, we do plan to write a review for this site, but I don't think any of us have finished it yet!! :)

When you're my age, we'll see if you can still play as quickly!! :)

Yea, remember he has to move slow and easy Kalia. Even carry a big stick. ;)

Yes, and wait to see what I do with that stick!! :biggrin:

*raises hand* I'm done...just waiting for the slowpokes.

haha, why am I not surprised.

GG, we do plan to write a review for this site, but I don't think any of us have finished it yet!!

Well, if we are to wait before you finish a game... the first review might show up around 2008 ;) On the other hand when you do write a review we can all be 100% sure you spent more time than anyone else on the game. Thus we know it'll be a very good one!

GG, are you a close friend of CM??!! :biggrin:

oh c'mon, you know as well as I do that every RPG review thread must have at least one obligatory snide comment about Oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom