|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang: The River of Time - Intro Trailer

Default Drakensang: The River of Time - Intro Trailer

October 23rd, 2009, 23:07
I think this is new - Worthplaying has the (German) intro trailer for Drakensang: The River of Time (70Mb). I haven't had the chance to watch it but I assume this is a story cinematic.
More information.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 23rd, 2009, 23:07
It's not much of a story cinematic, really. It shows Ferdok, with Forgrimm and Gladys after Drakensang's events, and Forgrimm's is about to tell Gladys about some adventures Ardo once had, I think.

Brother None

SasqWatch

October 23rd, 2009, 23:23
This is the intro.

Because the Dwarf Forgrimm relates to a tale of the past … How he and Ardo and another one came together … You can see them on the painting showing the ship … This tale is told through Forgrimm …

That's what is told during the video in German language.

Edit : Shortened it a bit. I'm not entirely sure how much I'm allowed to write because of my NDA from my "focus testing" at Radon Labs recently.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 24th, 2009, 02:21
ENGLISH TRAILER!!

Loved Drakensang and finally, the sequel. More games to compared against hypefest coming out in a few days..

ortucis

October 24th, 2009, 10:03
Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdGDkDW7qm0

It's wonderfully rendered, and a very peaceful cinematic. Since the game is a prequel of Drakensang 1, I assume that the narrator will be Forgrimm, talking to KLaddis (or whatever their English names are).

Grandor Dragon

SasqWatch

October 24th, 2009, 11:34
I don't speak German… But Gladys' selfcentered and in some other outfit would-be-kinky moves are absolutely fantastic!

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor

October 24th, 2009, 12:57
Short but very atmospheric. And there's a cat in it! Awwww.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 24th, 2009, 14:00
Looks great. Maybe the budget isn`t so tight this time.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

October 24th, 2009, 14:59
Originally Posted by Gorath View Post
Looks great. Maybe the budget isn`t so tight this time.
It's certainly an improvement on Drakensang's opening cinematics. I doubt that level of graphics pervades into the games but I don't care that much, Drakensang looked fine.

And I agree with Grandor and Arhu: I love the atmosphere, simplicity and peacefulness of this opening. It's a nice segue into a prequel.

Brother None

SasqWatch

October 25th, 2009, 12:41
Yesterday at the "Internationale Spieletage" in Essen, Germany, I talked with/to an employee of Radon Labs of Berlin.

They were showing Drakensang 2 there.

I didn't know her from the focus testing, and she had not been there, but she told me that this trailer had been indeed officially released by them.

I learned a few bits more, but I fear I might not be allowed to talk to them, because they are so game-specific the NDA might apply for them.

In the end I got a really big and cool-looking Drakensang 2 poster , which depicts the panting with these people on the boat (I mean the painting Forgrimm refers to).

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 27th, 2009, 21:37
dtp seems to have their own Youtube channel :
http://www.youtube.com/user/dtpentertainment
Saw this just today.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Drakensang: The River of Time - Intro Trailer