|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Early November for BeNeLux

Default Divinity 2 - Early November for BeNeLux

October 21st, 2009, 13:59
Larian announced today on their forums that the release for Divinity 2 in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg is scheduled for somewhere between the 30th of October and the 6th of November.
Note that this is the English version of the game.
More information.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

October 21st, 2009, 13:59
i hope that includes the patch in progress.
Otherwise its no use to buy it just yet.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

October 21st, 2009, 14:31
So you imply that all Germans shouldn't have bought it ?

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

October 21st, 2009, 14:46
Lovely! :-)

So right after Risen we gonna play Divinity 2!

Cheers!

Glorian

Watchdog

October 21st, 2009, 17:49
Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg
Wtf what about rest of the world? I think mongolian release would be the best next move after this. And after that perhaps Monaco and Greenland.

Hope that people wont resort to piracy now that english version is available but only limitedly.

"99.9% of all internet arguments are due to people not understanding someone else's point. The other 0.1% is arguing over made up statistics."-unknown poster
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

HomelyRebel

October 21st, 2009, 18:17
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
So you imply that all Germans shouldn't have bought it ?
mmm yeh kinda
but your right indeed.

ikbenrichard

Fulltime RPG watcher

October 21st, 2009, 19:56
Originally Posted by zakhal View Post
Wtf what about rest of the world? I think mongolian release would be the best next move after this. And after that perhaps Monaco and Greenland.

Hope that people wont resort to piracy now that english version is available but only limitedly.
Larian is a Belgium company, so it makes a bit of sense. They've probably struck a good deal with a regional distributor for the Benelux.

An ancient proverb summed it up: when a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, it ran, he is tired of life.

Illuvatar

Watcher

October 22nd, 2009, 17:25
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
Larian announced today on their forums that the release for Divinity 2 in Belgium, Netherlands and Luxemburg is scheduled for somewhere between the 30th of October and the 6th of November.
Note that this is the English version of the game.
More information.
Hm, ok so NA release is Jan2010 - what about the rest of the english speaking world? UK, AUS etc? I mean if it's in english already, the usual excuse of 'time required for transation into english' doesn't hold…surely? When will people realise that 'regions' are (or should be!) irrelevant with the all-pervasive Internet? If it's out, I should be able to buy it from anywhere in the world - especially if it's in my language. This kind of thing causes lost sales - well from me at any rate. I've already been thwarted by several digital download retailers who refuse to sell me a game because I'm not in the 'correct' international region. That is 19th century thinking - just Like DVD region encoding.

booboo

Keeper of the Watch

October 23rd, 2009, 00:05
dtp has shown previously they prefer to negotiate the best deal with a local distie they can achieve. It may be they haven't found interested parties in those regions, haven't achieved the deal they want or perhaps the local distie is holding back for their own local logistical reasons.

I completely understand your sentiment but when publishing deals are broken up like this (inevitable, because dtp doesn't have international coverage) the local distie will be focused on their own needs, rather than some coordinated release.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Watcher
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Divinity 2 - Early November for BeNeLux