|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 3 » Risen » You are one sick son of a b*tch

Default You are one sick son of a b*tch

December 23rd, 2009, 19:29
I'm replaying Fallout 3 and I've gotten Dogmeat. My real dog got hit by a car and killed last Monday and I keep dreaming that I'm playing Fallout and Dogmeat is my pet, Scruffy. Weird. It's a very strange way to grieve.

'nut

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor

December 23rd, 2009, 21:51
I'm sorry to hear about that crpgnut. When I was younger, I also had a dog that was killed that way. Now I'm somewhat overprotective of my dog Buster.

JDR13

SasqWatch

December 23rd, 2009, 22:16
Sorry about your dog, crpgnut. I'd lost a cat or two that way… - not pleasant.

In any case, yes, I also often find that in my dreams RL becomes mixed up with the game I'm playing - and in addition, I've often dreamt that people who had passed away are still alive, especially my father, who passed away 2 or 3 years ago.

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

July 6th, 2011, 00:26
Sorry for the necro, but this was just too apropos for me.

I got a similar bad reaction last weekend. The late night endless clicking for combat while pushbrooming, finally drove my other half up the wall. Claims of "crack" addiction were made. Finally, the TV was turned way up, to drown out the clicking.

Shouldn't be playing in the same room as someone trying to sleep. That will be corrected…

Yikes, this one is additive, playing around with different combat combos and tactics is very fun!

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 6th, 2011, 00:39
I've logged 12 hours with Eschalon unexpectedly…in the last two days. I need to get a netbook for these undemanding games so I can play stealth. She'll think its my ipad or something. The big gaming lappy is just too loud with fans and such.

Thrasher what game are you playing?

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

July 6th, 2011, 01:44
Risen, of course! I've forgotten how much fun Gothic-style combat is. Should go back and play G3 and G1.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 6th, 2011, 02:26
Ha imadummy duh! Wacka Lizard! Great game

"For Innos!"

ToddMcF2002

SasqWatch

July 8th, 2011, 21:21
Heck- I did a double take when I saw this thread rising from the dead. On the other hand, with so few interesting new games around (unless you count Fable 3, Dungeon Siege 3 or Duke Nukem - all of then bleh, or am I getting jaded?), I suppose that is not surpising.

One could always replay Deus Ex in anticipation of Human Revolution.
Nah. Too old. I wonder where my Gothic 3 gamesaves are. Risen is still a bit too fresh in the mind for me.

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

July 9th, 2011, 18:22
Did you play G3 with one of the newer CPs?

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team

July 11th, 2011, 16:41
I only recently changed over from XP to Win 7 64-bit, and was thinking I should check to see how compatible G3 is with the latter. It played fine in XP, no crashes, I think patched up to CP1.7?

I just can't face playing through the first third of the game yet again, so I'll have to find my old saves first.

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

July 11th, 2011, 19:08
I spent the weekend systematically clearing the world of vermin, before picking sides in harbor town. Ghouls were difficult, ashbeasts, thunder lizards, scorpians, and ogres impossible. I'll have to go back to those later. Supported the inquision (barely) in harbor town, and have started training as a mage in the Monastery. Aric is tough. My constant worry - have I saved enough learning points to be a competent nuker?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 11th, 2011, 19:28
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
My constant worry - have I saved enough learning points to be a competent nuker?
There's plenty of LPs to go around. Just remember that you can't be a jack of all trades in Risen.

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 11th, 2011, 19:39
I trained swords up to 5, strength to 26, open locks 2, prospecting 1, gut animals 1, pickpocket level 1, and alchemy level 1. I hope I didn't oversplurge… Have about 65 LPs left at level 14.

I figure I will have enough for fire level 10, runes 4, alchemy 3. Maybe scrolls level 1. Worried about mana, though…

How much mana should a mage have, so he spam enemies to death?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 12th, 2011, 00:52
I don't remember how much mana I finished the game with. I remember I trained Ice magic to level 8 or 9, and Fire magic to level 7 or 8. I didn't put anything into Magic Bullet.

I only trained swords to level 2, but I that's because I switched to staff as soon as I realized I was going the mage route.

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 12th, 2011, 02:37
I guess I'll just keep playing conservative with the LPs unless someone can give me advice. iIRC, I played G2 with tons of unused LPs and stat boost ingredienets/potions at the end… would like to avoid that this time around.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 12th, 2011, 04:54
Have you aquired the Fire crystal yet? There's no need to hoard LPs if you know what path you want to take. Pump Fireball up to level 5 or 6 right away, or dump about half of those points into mana since you're gonna need it anyways.

*Edit* I was thinking it was 5 LPs per magic level, but it's 10 isn't it? In that case I'd probably start by going to level 3 or 4 in Fire magic, and invest the remaining LPs in mana.
Last edited by JDR13; July 12th, 2011 at 05:26.

JDR13

SasqWatch

July 12th, 2011, 05:41
Haven't made through basic training, yet. Thanks for the advice on allocation of LPs between crystal magic and mana.

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 14th, 2011, 08:21
I've reached chapter 2, and pumped fire up to 5. Figure on taking it to level 10 eventually. Not sure about frost or magic bullet.I plan on getting all 4 seal levels, I took 1 level now. I trained alchemy to level 2. Figure on getting lockpicking to level 3. Could only afford to train mana up to about 65. I figure I'll make all the permanent mana potions. Given that, how much further would you suggest I train mana before using the perma mana potions?

Thrasher

Wheeee!
RPGWatch Donor

July 14th, 2011, 08:37
You can just use the potions whenever it doesn't effect training of mana.

Favourite RPGs of all time: Wizardry 6, Ultima 7/7.2, Fallout2, Planescape Torment, Baldurs Gate 2+TOB, Jagged Alliance 2, Ravenloft: The stone prophet, Gothic 2, Realms of Arkania:Blade of destiny (not the HD version!!) and Secret of the Silver Blades.

bjon045

Keeper of the Watch

July 14th, 2011, 14:01
Whatever you do, don't try to invest in all three magic types. There won't be enough LPs to go around.

JDR13

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Risen 3 » Risen » You are one sick son of a b*tch