|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » A Farewell to Dragons [RPG]

Default A Farewell to Dragons [RPG]

December 26th, 2009, 18:45
Originally Posted by cutterjohn View Post
No. I know what it is, and I did pick up King's Bounty Armored Princess off of Steam last night.
I think he reply was a response to your rather nasty insulting generalization of Russian developers.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

December 26th, 2009, 19:20
Review almost done—without saying too much, I'd advise waiting for a price you're comfortable with.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 27th, 2009, 20:44
Originally Posted by magerette View Post
Review almost done—without saying too much, I'd advise waiting for a price you're comfortable with.
Can you put the review online before 3rd january so I can still buy it for 14,99 from steam if it turns out to be good? As far as the game-reviews go this game doesnt even seem to exist.

Allthough from your comment it sounds that its pretty average at best so I guess Im comfortable just waiting…I dont really need more crpg unless they are good atleast in som special way.

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” - Maya Angelou
"Those who dont read history are destined to repeat it."– Edmund Burke

zakhal

VideoGamingWaste

December 27th, 2009, 21:46
PM'd you.

The review is done and should be online very soon.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 28th, 2009, 06:03
OK magerette should I pop $15 or hold out until next Sunday to see if Steam can dump the price more?

Is anyone reviewing Planet Alcatraz? I only see it available from gamersgate for what I consider to be a high $30 given that it's a 1C(== Russian, you'd think that their cold war experience would've taught them something about quality control) game.

cutterjohn

Sentinel

December 28th, 2009, 06:24
1C is one of the better companies out there. They have some bad games, but they also have some great ones as well. Just like a lot of the other publishers all across the globe.

Thirty dollars for a game is not that expensive. You do know that in America games are normally priced around $40?

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.
Last edited by skavenhorde; December 28th, 2009 at 06:43.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

December 28th, 2009, 08:45
@cutterjohn: depends on how much you want from the game for that price. The review should be up in a day or two.

magerette

Hedgewitch

December 28th, 2009, 20:41
Originally Posted by tracedout View Post
Stuck, Any ideas?

1st off been playing FTD for 4 days now and its a great little take off.

The problem I ran into is gold and leveling.. I find that items cost $$$ at vendors and the drop on gold is a joke. Best way to make $$$ is to bust open boxes and barrels, but they dont respawn. You have a limited amout of gold!???

But the bigger issuse is that im running a full 6 in my group, and with all members at lev 15. The problem is they share the exps for each kill and I have run out of mobs to kill. Im up to currently having to kill lev 23 to 26 mobs.. you can do it but battles are very long , almost boring. Tons of healing..
The bad guys can heal for big time numbers.. so you need dps to drop them.
Yes I went back and killed everything I could in the lev 16 to 19 area, but now there is nothing to kill.
Unlike most other rpg's, this game will not reset the bad guys for leveing. and or gold.
Not sure what to do.. Did I miss somthing?
Its been a coiuple months, so this may not be an issue for you anymore, but to anyone else having this problem! Remember the undead in the first two areas? Level 40? If you go back and separate them from their groups, they are quite killable, and give great exp. With a highest level 19 party i got 50k, level 20, 35k abouts

Center

Watcher

December 29th, 2009, 05:04
Originally Posted by Center View Post
Remember the undead in the first two areas? Level 40? If you go back and separate them from their groups, they are quite killable, and give great exp.
Thanks for the tip. When I am able to return to those two places I will give it a go.

I downloaded the steam version a couple of days ago and have to say I am quite enjoying this game.
Its sure worth the $15 imho.

stubbie

Traveler

December 30th, 2009, 00:02
What is the score about this game? Does anyone who has it on these boards hate it?

Ashbery76

Watchdog

December 30th, 2009, 03:31
Our review will go up as soon as one more editor writes his comments.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 30th, 2009, 04:43
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
Interestingly stringent criteria …
Heheh its more then just that…I think it just screams shortcut…the whole game feels partly done…not finished.

rune_74

SasqWatch

December 30th, 2009, 06:09
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
I think he reply was a response to your rather nasty insulting generalization of Russian developers.
Not nasty. Experience. Eastern Eupropeans release crappy games and then drop support almost immediately with VERY few exceptions, e.g. TW, S:SoC, S:CS, etc. Most foreigners seem to have ZERO concept of QA(and legal responsibilities, hell even Europeans whine and moan about legalities, then they have fun manipulating our own FTC for their own entertainment apparently(or more likely their own clear inadequacy) — R.I.P. Sun Microsystems) beyond the Japanese and Canadians, along with Germans and Poles(in limited cases).

Mostly they appear to be leeches to me with the above exceptions, little better than third world nations.

Anyways as to this game, I guess that unless it hits $7 or less on Steam that I'll ignore it as it's clearly not even in Drakensang league…
Last edited by cutterjohn; December 30th, 2009 at 06:20.

cutterjohn

Sentinel

December 30th, 2009, 06:46
@cutterjohn:

Long live America.…..Americans are better in everything, they are the creme de la creme of mankind, i bow to their whole superiority. They are the best of us. They are everything what makes us men the top of the food chain. If i could, i would marry an american woman, so that my children have the chance to become president of the USA, alas i`m a lowly european.

Could you please stop that patriotic crap or go away…..sheesh…

back on topic:
magerette, I`m really looking forward to you review, because I`ll probably finish DA soon and I`m thirsting for further rpg goodness….

Lannister

Watcher

December 30th, 2009, 06:50
Not nasty. Experience. Eastern Eupropeans release crappy games and then drop support almost immediately with VERY few exceptions, e.g. TW, SoC, S:CS, etc. Most foreigners seem to have ZERO concept of QA(and legal responsibilities, hell even Europeans whine and moan about legalities, then they have fun manipulating our own FTC for their own entertainment apparently(or more likely their own clear inadequacy) — R.I.P. Sun Microsystems) beyond the Japanese and Canadians, along with Germans and Poles(in limited cases).

Mostly they appear to be leeches to me with the above exceptions, little better than third world nations.

Anyways as to this game, I guess that unless it hits $7 or less on Steam that I'll ignore it as it's clearly not even in Drakensang league…
Wow what a complete dick thing to say.

rune_74

SasqWatch

December 30th, 2009, 07:03
Most foreigners seem to have ZERO concept of QA(and legal responsibilities…
Yeah, just remember to tell that to the American companies that often publish these titles locally for you. Pot, meet the kettle over here.

-= RPGWatch =-

Dhruin

Keeper of the Watch
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

December 30th, 2009, 15:31
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
Yeah, just remember to tell that to the American companies that often publish these titles locally for you. Pot, meet the kettle over here.
meh, most of the poor publishers here are actually European owned, e.g. Dreamcatcher(Jowood), Atari, etc.

Anyways this is going too far offtopic since we're addressing a specific game here, and it already sounded like people were trying to force themselves to like it but couldn't for various reasons.
Last edited by cutterjohn; December 30th, 2009 at 15:49.

cutterjohn

Sentinel

December 30th, 2009, 16:03
Is anyone reviewing Planet Alcatraz? I only see it available from gamersgate
I wanted to thank you for pointing out Planet Alcatraz to me. I bought it and am downloading it as we speak.

It's funny you have such a strange view of foreign companies. I find that a lot of the really great games that I enjoy are developed in Europe.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat

December 30th, 2009, 16:07
cutterjohn - I see it as a sign of leniency on the part of the admins that hateful diatribe didn't get you banned.

Either way, I consider it shameful, and as an American I am embarrassed and must say that I do NOT share your sentiments.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch

December 30th, 2009, 18:55
Since the review should be up any time now, I'll stick in a few words.

First, I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of small-studio European games, especially rpgs. Aside from a handful of indie devs, they're some of the few who still try to cater to the core rpg player, which let's face it is a niche audience not destined to make anyone rich.They're definitely no worse than a lot of American devs—it's not like what Troika put out was bug free or anything.

These are not outfits with AAA title teams or budgets, which is why I'll put up with poor translation or older graphics, etc. This game unfortunately isn't the caliber of Evil Islands, Kings Bounty or Elven Legacy, or even the first game I reviewed for the Watch, The Chosen.

That doesn't mean it might not be worth playing for some people, or that all small-studio euro games are automatically crap, though.

Last edited by magerette; December 30th, 2009 at 21:10.

magerette

Hedgewitch

Tags
fantasy, rpg
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » A Farewell to Dragons [RPG]