|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher » Just a few things I don't quite understand

Default Just a few things I don't quite understand

October 12th, 2009, 22:36
I have no problem making many types of different potions and they all work successfully. But, there are two that don't: 'Frightener's Vision' (1 extra bronze talent) and 'Hellhound's Soul' (1 extra silver talent). I can make these and drink them, but they don't add any talents when I sit down at my next campfire and rest. Do I need some kind of book or journal I possibly haven't read yet? If so which one? Go ahead, spoil me… I just want to see if this is the problem. I'm in Chapter 2. Thanks.

Warmskin

Watcher

October 12th, 2009, 23:56
Mm, they should have added talents. Usually when you sit at a campfire and hover over those particular talents (could be in any tree), it says something like "story talent". That means you can't put points in there yourself; they are activated by drinking special potions like the ones you mentioned.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

October 13th, 2009, 00:07
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
Mm, they should have added talents. Usually when you sit at a campfire and hover over those particular talents (could be in any tree), it says something like "story talent". That means you can't put points in there yourself; they are activated by drinking special potions like the ones you mentioned.
Is there a particular time exactly when I'm supposed to drink the special potions, like after I'm already sitting at the fire? And where in what manual is this explained? I think I probably know the answer to that!
Thanks a lot.

Warmskin

Watcher

October 13th, 2009, 06:07
OK, Sorry… my bad. I figured it out - I was just doing things in the wrong order. It was a lot simpler than I thought. Thanks.

Warmskin

Watcher

RPGWatch Forums » Games » The Witcher Games » The Witcher » Just a few things I don't quite understand