|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Armored Princess - Demo Available for Download

Default Armored Princess - Demo Available for Download

November 12th, 2009, 15:34
Kings' Bounty Armored princess publisher 1C informed us that the demo of the game can be downloaded from their site (and probably several other sites now or inte future).
Here are the details:
The demo of the game can be downloaded from ftp://ftp.1cpublishing.eu/kbap_demo_en.rar (467 Mb)
The demo includes:
- A big island to be explored
- New female character - Princess Amelie
- Pet dragon which performs special actions on the battlefield
- New races
- Many new spells to be used in fights and on the map
- Possibility to turn the horse into a Pegasus which can fly
- New engine supporting the latest graphic effects
King's Bounty: Armored Princess for the PC is the sequel to the multi-award winning (over 30 internationally) King's Bounty: The Legend. The manual is in a PDF in the download should you need it. This game is published by 1C Company, developed by Katauri Interactive and distributed in the US by 1C Company.
King's Bounty: Armored Princess will be released on November 20, 2009 and will be available from several major download services including GamersGate.com and Steam as well as from the 1C consumer site.
King's Bounty: Armored Princess is an adventure game with tactical turn-based battles and RPG elements unfolding in a rich fantasy world. The character and their army of companions travel across a huge continent, visiting dozens of different locations all connected to each other. Communicating with NPCs, collecting resources and recruiting an army, the player will control their character in real-time mode, while all battles take place in classic turn-based mode with a strong emphasis on tactical elements.
More information about King's Bounty: Armored Princess can be found at http://www.kings-bounty.com
More information.

Computer n. A machine which flawlessly performs the instructions it is given, no matter how flawed those instructions may be.

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team

November 12th, 2009, 15:34
GamersHell has it up also:

http://www.gamershell.com/news_86978.html

Downloading.

Where there's smoke, there's mirrors.

magerette

Hedgewitch

November 12th, 2009, 17:11
No real need to download. Once the reviews are in I just need to know one thing: Is it any thing like the original and if yes, then it is a must have title. End of story

"Chess in particular had always annoyed him. It was the dumb way the pawns went off and slaughtered their fellow pawns while the kings lounged about doing nothing that always got to him; if only the pawns united, maybe talked the rooks around, the whole board could've been a republic in a dozen moves." - Commander Vimes in Thud! by Terry Pratchett

fatBastard()

Hello, I'm a Zombaholic

November 12th, 2009, 23:48
Thanks for the link Myrthos.

I already played the Russian demo in 90% English.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 13th, 2009, 00:07
I played the demo, and I think that for fans it's a sure buy.

Everything is much darker now - I mean the buildings, the overall setting - at least within the demo. The lizard culture definitively reminds me of the Aztec empire.

The game mechanics, however, appear to me to be the same. The pet dragon acts in fact like one of the spirits from the "Legend" game, so this part is equal, too.

I liked it. The only drawback is that everything looks darker, then.

And yes, the 3D feature is in it. :9 One needs special glasses for it, though. I haven't tried it, because I already uninstalled the demo again - I need space for the "Legend" game …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 13th, 2009, 00:48
I have mixed feelings about the new units, I like the reptilian faction, but the mechanical type units seem out of place to me.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 13th, 2009, 10:57
Flying around the overland map seems pretty weak to me. I sure hope it isn't featured too prominently in the campaign. Kinda takes some fun out of it imo. And this is my most anticipated title of the year.

We'll see =.=

Gutted

Watcher

November 13th, 2009, 13:09
I have a similar feeling about the mechanical units; however, I found they fit *relatively* well into the environment.

Things I personal didn't quite understand were some spots of enemies … Amelie hat to battle a group containiung Arch-Mages, Gryffons and Paladins as well. I couldn't stop wonder how they got there ? And why they were there ? They seemed out of place to me, given that the environment was largely reptilian-based, and almost no humans around.

What I didn't like as well was the view … It was far too tight to the ground, in the overland map view, imho.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

November 13th, 2009, 13:15
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Things I personal didn't quite understand were some spots of enemies Amelie hat to battle a group containiung Arch-Mages, Gryffons and Paladins as well. I couldn't stop wonder how they got there ? And why they were there ? They seemed out of place to me, given that the environment was largely reptilian-based, and almost no humans around.

I'm not sure if that demo was even taken from the full game though. It said something about being a "dream" at the beginning, so that map may have been custom made for the demo.

JDR13

SasqWatch

November 13th, 2009, 14:07
Yeah, game mechanics were seriously out of wack in the demo, but it let you quickly see the differences and new stuff compared to Legend. I believe it isn't possible to fly until a bit later in the full game? I loved that they gave you lots of runes to spend on the talent trees, that's what I downloaded the demo in the first place. I absolutely needed to see those talent trees. . I like the new layout and I'm wondering how many runes you'll have at your disposal for a full game.

I still ended up playing a couple of battles. This already looks likes hours and hours of fun again. No mage for me this time around, my warrior in Legend never got very far, so I think that's what I'll be playing. The paladin tree seems more interesting now, but I simply can't get used to the idea of splitting my focus in half.

Was it just me or is leveling up completely automatic now without choosing a stat? That would be a pity, although I guess there's enough new choices to be made in Princess.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team

November 13th, 2009, 15:54
Seemed to me automatic as well.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » Armored Princess - Demo Available for Download