|
Your continuous donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age: Origins » Dragon Age: Silliness

Default Dragon Age: Silliness

June 14th, 2010, 14:04
Originally Posted by Dasale View Post
What's the Superman thing? Myself I played first Awakening with a character imported from DAO, a 2H fighter, Berserk and Blood. And for a Nightmare difficulty it wasn't a Nightmare difficulty from far. But Nightmare difficulty was liek a good Normal difficulty for me. Well apart in the last fight and the big dragon fight.

When I tried replayed, this time with a new character, a mage, I end in feeling the game too hard and felt that I was more limited in character class choices (ie spells and specializations chosen) and had perhaps choose a wrong build. It's weird but I gave up and didn't think try lower the difficulty to more standard setup.
I seem to have found that the dual-wielding specialization is pretty overpowered. Which will make the mage thing a more fun challenge, i think.

EDIT2: For mention there's a mod that unlocks all DAO specializations, it can be handy.
Oh cool! I'll try to google it then?

RivianWitch

Keeper of the Watch

June 24th, 2010, 14:31
It's an amazing game. Money well spent. I even got into to talking to party members at camp last night. Indoor stuff looks great and the action shots when you pause combat do as well.Dragon Age Origins is a game that, in my opinion, does not actually need many sidequests. The main story alone provides a very long and fulfilling adventure, so the average sidequest would just feel like a poorly designed distraction in comparison.

aloysiuscarl

Traveler

September 26th, 2010, 22:08
Some people say - especially those of the church : "Dem Erbauer sei Dank !" Which translates as "Thanks to the builder !".

I don't know how this is in the English-language version of the game, but "Dem Erbauer sei Dank !" is a famous German-language phrase cried out by C-3PO in one of the Star Wars movies.

So, this game sounds all of the time as a kind of reminder to Star Wars to me.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 26th, 2010, 22:34
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Some people say - especially those of the church : "Dem Erbauer sei Dank !" Which translates as "Thanks to the builder !".
In the english version they say "Thanks the Maker", I can't remember if C-3PO say that in star wars

(Sorry fore the gramma, are Danish)

Phonix

Watchdog

September 26th, 2010, 23:35
I made this a little while ago:

Edit:
But this bug really made me chuckle. For those who don't know, he's supposed to be laid flat on his back because he passes out when your character talks to him.

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

September 27th, 2010, 12:47
Nice picture !

I have a silly screenshot, too … Can someone please tell me where the screenshots are stored ? Thank you.

@Phonix : I think he says that in "a new hope", when he receives his oil bath on Tatooine …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 27th, 2010, 13:01
My Documents > BioWare > Dragon Age > Screenshots. Ones you take are in "User".

Edit: Tweaked another old one of mine -

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

September 27th, 2010, 13:10
How do you do that ? Playing the frame and the subtitle to it ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 27th, 2010, 13:23
Anders was one of my favorite characters in the DA series.

Despite Witch Hunt got blasted to oblivion, I have to give the library a mention. The entire library is a gallery of silliness with loads of internal jokes and pop-culture puns.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM

September 27th, 2010, 13:28
It's difficult to see, unfortunatly : It's a chimera between dog and … elf, not human.

(By the way, "anders" means "different" in German language. )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The dog-human chimera.jpg (111.7 KB, 70 views)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 27th, 2010, 13:30
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
How do you do that ? Playing the frame and the subtitle to it ?
There's a motivational generator around.

I've got to go out soon, and I'll find it for you when I get back

Dwagginz

Tea Addict

September 28th, 2010, 13:10
Knock yourself out, Alrik:

http://diy.despair.com/

A thoroughly fantastic website if your sense of humour is so inclined. To Dwagginz: It's a demotivator generator ok? (alright, so my glass is half empty!)

Warning: Said activity can be highly addictive.

Also, it struck me that when I played Awakening that Anders actually looked like Alistair done up in pirate gear. As a consequence, I played the game solo for the first half.

Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards

September 28th, 2010, 15:33
Thanks.

I'm just waiting for Anders to actually say in German language : "Ich bin … Anders". Which is perfectly translatable into English as : "I am … Different".

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 28th, 2010, 22:36
It's actual a quite common name in Denmark, alone at my work, there are 3 by that name, my boss one of them

Phonix

Watchdog

September 29th, 2010, 15:28
Oh, thanks, I didn't know that.

But as you say it … I do remember 1-2 singers here in Germany having it as the second name …

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 29th, 2010, 15:51
As a side note, Donal Duck's name on danish are Anders And

Our former Prime minister, now head of NATO is named Anders Fogh Rasmusen

Phonix

Watchdog

September 29th, 2010, 15:57
I see : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Duck_in_comics

And while I'm at it : International names of Astrix characters : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Characters_in_Asterix

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 29th, 2010, 18:47
… Found a collection of Family Trees : http://duckman.pettho.com/tree/index.html

… which leads me to the question why there is no Duck-RPG ? We already had Sonic "The Dark Brotherhood" …

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

September 29th, 2010, 22:31
Epice Mickey and Kingdom Hearts?

Phonix

Watchdog

September 29th, 2010, 23:21
Kingdom Hearts not so much, because I actually don't like Manga/Anime much, I'm sorry.
It's just not "my" drawing style. It's a matter of taste, nothing more.
Without it, I think I'd love to play Kingdom Hearts, though.

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Dragon Age » Dragon Age: Origins » Dragon Age: Silliness